Chapter 33: It was a dark and windy night

The commotion of Shinji being thrown to the ground drew the attention of the people around, who turned to see what had happened.

However, when they saw that it was a young girl who had thrown a young man to the ground, they all turned their heads back.

Seeing that the girl and the boy were both quite young, it was clear that this was a romantic dispute, something very common in the country of Romance, France, and the onlookers were no longer surprised to see such a thing happen, since it had happened so often that they became numb.

After the initial panic, Shinji quickly regained his composure.

"Ah, Cloris. You're still so enthusiastic after all these years."

"Enthusiastic? You shameless fellow! Your skin is really thick."

The girl's eyes, blazing with anger, rolled at Shinji.

Although her heart was far from calm, Shinji maintained a calm facade and even gave the girl a charming smile.

"This is me showing enough patience when dealing with a beauty like you."

Unfortunately, this eight-toothed smile, which even politicians would be embarrassed by, did not impress the girl.

"If you don't want to wear false teeth, then hide your teeth that are showing."

"Yes, Cloris-san."

In an instant, Shinji put away his smile, then quickly got up from the ground. When the girl wasn't paying attention, he made a throat-slitting gesture towards Waver and Kariya, who had been silently laughing.

The girl glared at Shinji and continued, "Shinji, you really are something else, to think you managed to avoid me all this time."

"What are you talking about? I've always respected you, Cloris-san."

Shinji deliberately emphasized the word "respect," clearly implying something.

"Of course, I've always cherished you, after all, our two families have been friends for generations."

Noticing that Shinji didn't continue using nicknames for her, the girl raised an eyebrow. Although she was a bit annoyed by his completely business-like attitude, she had to change her tone from earlier and adopt the social etiquette of junior members of large families.

This slightly older girl with silver hair and red eyes is Cloris Flora, the heiress of the North American magus family, the Flora family.

Although this young lady's magecraft skills were only average, her intellect was exceptional. She obtained dual degrees in management and finance at a young age and took charge of the family's business.

"So, you're the representative of Time Group's publishing department this time?" Shinji Matou rubbed his neck and asked.

"It seems that someone still doesn't know that I've taken over the publishing department. How heartless."

Cloris rolled her eyes again. "Shinji, you're something else, not even knowing who your partner in charge is."

"I didn't—Wait a minute, don't talk as if it's already decided that you're the Time Group's publisher!"

Realizing this, Shinji first loudly refuted Cloris's statement and then turned to look at Waver, who was standing nearby, eating melon seeds.

Waver, with a somewhat smug expression, said, "So far, the Time Group, represented by Cloris, is the most sincere among all the early negotiations."

After saying this, Waver leaned in and whispered something to Shinji's ear.

"Shinji, this young lady sincerely came to cooperate with us, just agree already."