May I Have This Dance?

"Come on girls, get in here," Abby says, "Not only are we getting beat by Cathy's brilliant team of imports, we are getting beat by teachers I've never even heard of."

"On the bottom, Mackenzie. You didn't dance. Next, Kaylee. You were in a duet that got third. You were the weak link in that duet. Next, Paige. You messed up that flag. Don't do a disservice to this country. Next, Kendall. We worked on your facial expressions. They've improved. We worked on your stamina. That's getting there. Next, Brooke. During rehearsal, you were amazing, then we get onstage and you go right past Asia and the flag and you have to wait four counts. Next, I have Chloe and Eva. You two were equal last week. You both had a duet that won and a solo that tied for second. You both were second to Maddie. You both need to learn how to take corrections. You both dance the same. Next, Nia. You did an outstanding job. I though you looked amazing! I noticed you in the group. Next, Asia. You won the overall high score in the mini division. You are a little firecracker. On top of the pyramid, Maddie! You were the overall high score winner in the junior division. Your friends voted for you too. It was a good performance."

"Now, before I get started on this week's assignments, I wanna ask Mackenzie where your cast is?" Abby says

"My foot doesn't hurt anymore," Kenzie says.

"And?" Melissa says, "Where's your doctor's excuse?"

"Did you go to the doctor again?" Abby asks.

"No," Kenzie says, "Oh, wait yeah."

"No you did not Kenzie," Melissa says.

"Can, Can you let me speak?" Kenzie says to her mom, "He said that it's okay to dance."

"And how did he look at your foot?" Abby asks.

"He didn't," Kenzie says.

I'm so confused right now...

"So over the phone?" Abby asks.

"What he said was that she had to rest it until it feels 100 percent," Melissa says, "She knows her own body."

"She knows her own body? She can't even create a sentence to answer me!" Abby says, "The doctor said two weeks and I don't feel comfortable going against his wishes."

"Let's talk about this week. We are heading to Energy Dance in Youngstown, Ohio," Abby says, "The group number is entitled Hear No Evil. Everyone is in it except Mackenzie and Maddie."

What? Why not Maddie?

"Maddie, you will not be dancing with the group," Abby says, "You will be assisting me with the choreography."

"Maddie, you will be doing a solo. The name of your solo is They'll Never Change. Asia, you will be performing a duet with Nia. The name of your routine is Move You Too. My next solo is going to Chloe. It's contemporary. It's called About Mother. My next solo is going to Eva. You are performing a lyrical solo entitled A Million Dreams. My final solo is going to Kaylee. You are performing a contemporary solo called Last Chance because this is your last chance."