61

Eli knows that Diego will awake soon, it's why he's taking his time as he knows he'll be back to life in this world. And he did.

Eli set him down and looks at Alaric angrily. But Lockwood puts himself in between them. "Hey, I get your pissed at him, but if you want to leave this world, then come with me without attacking him."

"Why are you defending this guy?"

"I'm not defending anyone, but I will not let you kill him." Eli said to him. "Whatever Ric has done, doesn't need to result in him dying. Maybe a beat down here and there, but... Diego, I may not have turned as much as you did, but believe me I know how you feel."

"Is that a joke?" He asked in a disbelief tone.

"No. My mom died in childbirth. My dad was killed by the very same vampire, whose surname is of the very school I go to. And that anger and hate never really left me." Eli further explained to Diego about that night a few months back. "A necromancer whom over never met yet, brought my dad back. And I was so happy to see him, that the anger and hate I had for Damon was gone. But it was brought back when I was force to let him go. All that anger and hatred came erupting and I went and search for Damon. And I found him. And I would've killed him. But the others would've stopped him and... I wanted to kill him. But I couldn't."

Diego wondered though. He said that his dad was killed by Damon Salvatore. And that he must've been a werewolf. But then... he did realized something. Before he was sent to a prison world, last year, Diego learned of Mystic Falls founding families and Alaric let slipped that the town believed that the Lockwoods died out. But in truth, there was only one left.

Between March 2018 and May 2019

Diego was with Alaric as they talk about Mystic Falls' founding members. "Didn't the Lockwood Fmaily died out?" Diego asked.

"That's what the whole town thinks. But in truth there is one left. His name is Eli Lockwood. He's living with his aunt in Seattle." Alaric revealed.

"How come? I mean that mansion has his name on it. Shouldn't he be here?" Diego wonders why the kid won't live in the town his family has lived in for a century or two. Plus he heard the Lockwoods were carriers of the werewolf genes so he'd imagine that the kid should be watched. In case he kills someone by accident.

"His maternal aunt won't let him live here. Not after seeing his dad killed by... by a certain vampire that's now human." Alaric turns to Diego. "But there's no doubt he will come here whenever he triggers his gene and when he does, he'll need help."

Present

Diego couldn't believe it. Now he remembers. This wasn't just an Eli. It's Eli Lockwood. Son of Tyler Lockwood and the last of The Lockwood line. Diego had always been curious as to who was the dude that killed Alaric's friend, but then he realized it was the same vampire that the school took its name from. In fact this boarding school was a boarding house to Damon and Stefan Salvatore. The former being the one that killed Tyler and orphaned his kid. But before that, he killed Tyler's uncle, Mason Lockwood, for not only working for Katherine but more so because he's a werewolf. And they all know what happens when a werewolf bites a vampire.

One could easily say that Damon is responsible for wiping out The Lockwood Line. But Eli survived. "So you were finally enrolled into that school, huh?"

"Yeah, I'm actually the alpha of the school's pack." Eli mentioned.

Diego was impressed. He was once the school's alpha, but now he can smell that he's different from the average werewolf. But he doesn't bother to ask about that just yet. Instead he asked. "And I'm guessing this dude never took action against him." He was referring to Damon Salvatore.