51

Eli almost finds it funny

Eli almost finds it funny. The old dog vs cat. Or in this case. The wolfman vs the catman. Two Werecreatures that can turn at will.

In the natural world, the big cats are the top land predators. But in the supernatural world, it kinda depends. But then again, Eli has never encountered nor has he ever fought a catman before. He wonder how strong they are. Would even survive the fight? Or will he die?

He decides that should this catman be able to be reason with, he likely won't have to fight, much less kill. But to be on the safe side, he would need to keep his guard up and choose his next words carefully.

Eli found him a day later. Turns out the catman knew he was being tracked. But it was useless because Eli not only tracks by smell, but he can track by footprint and he's spoken to some people discreetly about a sketchy person and some where able to point to where he was going.

He managed to track him to the church in town. Praying. Eli studies his body language and sees that he's calm. He sits at the front of the church and seems to be alone.

So he goes and sits beside him.

"You've made quite a mess." Eli said, not looking at him but the picture of Jesus Christ.

"I apologize. I didn't realize the land was occupied. If I had... well, you're smart enough to know that I didn't come here to stir trouble." The man said as he narrowed his gaze at Eli.

"You came here to take Landon and Malivore will set you free." Eli said, figuring that was part of the plan. "And he wants me dead because I'm one of two strongest beings that can beat any monster that comes my way."

"Arrogance was my weakness. Long ago, in the Savanah, I felt as you did. Strong, powerful. I hunted, I killed. I had to eat so I settled for anything. Some animals. Some humans. But when Malivore came for me, I realized that freedom is power. So when he offered, I took it."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Eli feels a tad bit of sympathy of the Catman. "You never told me your name."

"I had many. But you may call me Marok. May I ask yours?"

"Eli Lockwood." He introduce himself. "You don't have to work for that mud guy."

"I wish I could. But I was caught by Malivore once. If I do this I can be free. From him. I'm sorry I must kill you."

Eli need this was gonna happen. He wished it didn't. 'How many monsters did Malivore took?'

"Are you sure there's no way I can change your mind?" Eli asked one more time.

"I wish. But for what it's worth, at least I'll be fighting a worthy an opponent. Fight well, wolf warrior." Although Marok didn't want to do this, he's been in that pit for the last four centuries. He's ready to take it back.

Eli understood why he must fight. Sometimes he sighed Malivore wasn't born. Otherwise, Marok would be in his homeland, roaming free.

With a final sigh, he asked, "Can we take this to the forest? I'd rather not let the entire town know that supernatural creatures that take the forms of animals that are not found in town. And considering you take the form of a leopard, that's saying something else too."