CHAPTER 27

Chapter 27: The Rules of the Campus

It was unclear when, but the corridor had already become dense with flexible threads.

Like infrared rays used for detection,

Anyone who walked through this area without permission would trigger an alarm.

Then the person manipulating these threads would be notified.

Soon, footsteps echoed down the empty corridor at night.

It was clearly a man's footsteps, neither fast nor slow, but carrying a sense of pressure.

The visitor was dressed neatly in a uniform even at night,

The craftsmanship exquisite, the details meticulous, long hair cascading over his shoulders,

With a pale, three-dimensional face, he looked like a specter haunting the night.

This face belonged to the student council president.

Jian Li walked to the spot where the threads had previously sensed something—

The corridor was empty, without a single shadow.

It seemed the visitor had reacted quickly,

Leaving at the first sign that something was amiss.

Jian Li removed his gloves and used his long fingers to pinch the thread that still seemed to hold a trace of body heat, as if he could still smell the lingering scent in the air,

A slight smile curving at the corner of his lips.

*

On the fourth day, although the instance had reached its most challenging point, many players still couldn't hide their joy.

Because the progress of the clue task in this instance was remarkably fast.

As long as players were well-informed and had been paying attention to the rules on the blackboard, they could discover their updated task panel:

【Clue Task: State ten death rules (8/10)】

In an instance, once the clue task is completed, all surviving players can immediately clear the instance and leave.

Even players who have already "died" could leave the instance after some time, according to the system, unless there were special circumstances.

However, players who "die" and are "reborn" receive no clearance rewards.

But having already died once, being able to leave felt like a stroke of luck; how could players possibly care about such matters?

Players had always known of the existence of clue tasks and had vaguely understood that the rewards for completing clue tasks were quite substantial.

However, it was the first time they realized the rewards for clue tasks had reached such a level.

No player doubted the authenticity of this news, as it was a reward mechanism personally announced by their system.

In the past, when instances with clue tasks appeared, the completion rate was too low that the system didn't even announce this information.

But this time was different.

Only two rules remained, and if a player could find all the death rules to complete the clue task, all players who entered this instance could successfully leave.

The player with the highest contribution to the clue task would also receive a special reward.

Xiang Shui Dong had been in a state of excitement since receiving the system notification, and he even took the initiative to approach Shen Fengyu: "So you're messenger players because you knew this news and were looking for the clue NPCs?"