CHAPTER 54

Chapter 54: Dreamy Resort

Ning Yongnian's expression stiffened for a moment as he looked at the young man, whose face showed concern but, more importantly, caution. He forced a smile and said, "It hurts a bit, but it's not serious enough to need a doctor."

Yu Mu Sheng frowned, as he didn't want to alarm more people. The news of the fight between Yu Yangxu and Ning Yongnian would have significant repercussions, potentially worsening the already delicate relationship between their families. "In that case, even if you don't need a doctor, let's at least take care of the wound, shall we?"

Ning Yongnian shook his head. Aside from the wound on his face, he appeared quite natural, showing none of the earlier malice or jealousy. "Brother Mu Sheng, what brings you here? Are you headed up that mountain?"

Yu Mu Sheng nodded, seeing no reason to hide the truth.

Ning Yongnian replied, "Coincidentally, I'm free too. I haven't visited the shrine on that mountain yet. How about you take me along, Brother Mu Sheng?"

Yu Mu Sheng hesitated to respond immediately, glancing at Yu Yangxu, who had suddenly become unusually submissive.

When Yu Mu Sheng first met Ning Yongnian at the resort's entertainment venue, he genuinely thought he and his brother were friends. Now, however, it was clear that their relationship was far from good, even quite terrible.

Yu Yangxu would certainly not allow Ning Yongnian to join them up the mountain.

Ning Yongnian obviously knew this but left a backdoor open: "By the way, Brother Mu Sheng, do you know the reason for our earlier argument?"

Yu Mu Sheng turned to look at him, momentarily distracted, and asked, "What?"

Yu Yangxu suddenly interrupted the conversation, glaring at Ning Yongnian and saying with a forced smile, "Since Mr. Ning is so enthusiastic, why not come with us up the mountain? Just make sure you don't collapse halfway there with your poor health."

Yu Mu Sheng looked at Yu Yangxu, puzzled by his sudden change in attitude. He couldn't understand why Yu Yangxu agreed to have Ning Yongnian join them, especially since they had just had a confrontation.

Ning Yongnian, however, seemed unfazed and smoothly changed the subject: "The argument was just about some trivial matters; I got a bit heated earlier and worried you."

Yu Mu Sheng nodded, half convinced, sensing that the two were hiding something. But since the situation had developed this way, his character wouldn't pry further.

They quickly found some disinfecting tools from nearby residents to treat Ning Yongnian's wound, and the four of them started heading toward the mountain.

On the way, Yu Mu Sheng seemed to recall a question and hesitantly asked Ning Yongnian, "Earlier, you mentioned there's a shrine on the mountain. You seem to know a lot about that place?"

As they approached the mountain forest, the scenery increasingly resembled unplanned and unkempt nature. The path underfoot was uneven, and one could easily twist an ankle if not careful.

Yu Mu Sheng focused intently on walking ahead, occasionally watching for the scattered stones and wild grass underfoot. He didn't notice the unusual expressions on the faces of the three around him—Yu Yangxu, Ning Yongnian, and even Xiao Junyu—after he asked that question.

Ning Yongnian glanced at Yu Yangxu's grim expression and felt compelled to deflect.

However, Yu Mu Sheng sensed the trio's silence and retreated first: "If it's inconvenient to answer that question, you really don't have to."