CHAPTER 31

Chapter 31: Rule Campus

Due to the rules of the dungeon, the special NPCs of the Freedom Club cannot operate for long during the night. For the past two days, Yan Jiaosheng and other members have spent their time outside, searching for the vengeful spirits that had turned into ghosts. Although the vengeful spirits are enemies of the Freedom Club, both NPCs and players who join the association have a chance of being killed by the wandering ghosts in the school.

In the past, Yan Jiaosheng and other special NPCs wouldn't concern themselves with such matters. Whether players or NPCs died was their own incompetence. But that was before they met Mu Sheng.

Yan Jiaosheng was the first to fully realize that Zhao Mu Sheng was a player. It wasn't that Mu Sheng's acting skills or disguise had revealed any obvious flaws; rather, Yan Jiaosheng was an animal of instinct. He trusted his intuition and instincts far more than his other senses.

Yan Jiaosheng had previously disliked Zhao Mu Sheng, and that sentiment wasn't something that could change just from a single encounter. Unless... Zhao Mu Sheng was actually someone else. In that case, Yan Jiaosheng might have fallen for him at first sight.

One by one, members of the association began to notice something was off from Yan Jiaosheng's reactions, but no one spoke up. Just as Mu Sheng had initially been Zhao Mu Sheng, living among them in the same association. But if Mu Sheng was a player, he would definitely go out at night, making it necessary to eliminate those annoying vengeful spirits.

However, Yan Jiaosheng didn't expect that the despicable Yu Qizhi would have such thoughts about the people in their Freedom Club. Seeing that this transfer student was going to help Mu Sheng, Yan Jiaosheng begrudgingly intervened to save him. But if Shen Fengyu hadn't dodged quickly enough, he would have been crushed by a puppet.

At that point, he might have sustained worse injuries than if he had been hit directly by the puppet.

Shen Fengyu sensed the hostility from the Freedom Club president, which was no surprise since Yan Jiaosheng showed no intention of concealing his emotions. He despised players and the student council members equally. If he had to choose, he would find players slightly more tolerable, but only just.

Yan Jiaosheng's attention was fully on Mu Sheng, casually yawning with little sincerity, muttering, "My hand slipped."

Shen Fengyu chose not to argue, lifting his gaze to look in Mu Sheng's direction. Mu Sheng had not been bound by the suddenly attacking puppet. Originally, Liu Ang, being closer, was responsible for rescuing Mu Sheng, but a ghost was faster nearby.

Liu Ang kicked the approaching puppet away and assessed the ghost: "Looks a bit familiar. Although I don't need to, given your recent behavior, I won't kill you."

Liu Ang couldn't stand the intense resentment radiating from the vengeful spirit. It didn't pose a threat to him but was just irritating.

"Now you'd better scram..."

The last word went unspoken as the young man hidden behind pulled on Liu Ang's sleeve, silencing him instantly.

Mu Sheng whispered, "I know him; I have something to say to him."

Liu Ang didn't directly respond with a "yes" or "no." Instead, he said, "I'll clear the surrounding puppets first and then get you to a safe place. Don't take too long."

If one were to ignore Liu Ang's words and just focus on his tone, they would think he was extremely impatient, almost hostile. It was just as he had said before: Mu Sheng shouldn't treat him like some dog to be ordered around. It seemed like coming to save Mu Sheng was a reluctant chore for him.