CHAPTER 70

Chapter 70: Dream Resort (1+2 Updates)

Shen Jingdan's current state can no longer be seen as that of a normal person. The movement of her hands around Mrs. Shen's neck was blocked, and the crimson in her eyes deepened, glaring fiercely at the person who stopped her. It seemed as if she would devour human flesh at any moment.

However, her sharp, poisonous nails trembled slightly, just two or three centimeters from Mrs. Shen's neck. Perhaps she couldn't clearly articulate her feelings about being stopped by the silver-haired young man—whether it was pure hatred or... some other complex emotions.

Shen Jingdan struggled, trying to free her trapped hand, but the exquisite hand that held her—seemingly a work of art—had visible veins on its pale back and was surprisingly strong.

Her other attacks were easily evaded by him. The masked figure still concealed his face and expression, but his small, delicate chin and long neck exposed to everyone's gaze seemed fragile compared to his divine presence and power.

Fu Yanghui subtly shifted, blocking the various gazes of the players. The nearby players who had rushed over slowly regained their senses and reacted to what they should do now. Seizing the opportunity while the monster was restrained by the young man, they cautiously helped Mrs. Shen out of the monster's attack range.

Even so, Mrs. Shen's condition was not good. The heavy malice surrounding Shen Jingdan, combined with Mrs. Shen's already poor physical state, made her seem to age several decades in an instant, her appearance and spirit showing significant weariness.

Pan Mao shook his head as he looked at her. "It must be the negative energy from this instance. She's beyond saving." Mrs. Shen's eyes were murky, giving the impression that they could close at any moment.

A nearby player, unwilling to accept this, said, "We took such risks to come here, and it would be too regrettable to leave without asking anything." He squatted down, insisting on questioning Mrs. Shen about the resort, the Yu family, the shrine, and Shen Jingdan, but Mrs. Shen did not respond, her gaze hollow as she stared blankly to the side.

After all, Shen Jingdan was not the main boss of this instance. Under the players' pressure, she soon ran out of stamina, and they began discussing how to deal with her. The disheveled-haired monster seemed to anticipate her fate; she screamed and tried to rush out.

After her scream, Mrs. Shen's fingers suddenly twitched, and a hint of color returned to her pale face. Her attitude toward the questioning players changed; she was no longer indifferent. With more wrinkles on her face, she pulled her lips into a strained smile and said, "If I answer these questions, will you let her go?" 

Pan Mao was momentarily taken aback but quickly nodded. Their goal was to complete the character quest, which only required knowing the number of non-human entities in Area A of the resort; there was no need to kill Shen Jingdan completely.

Mrs. Shen sat up partially, surrounded by an aura that, despite her disheveled and even ragged appearance, evoked memories of the strong woman she once was. But everyone knew this was just a fleeting moment for this NPC.

Shen Jingdan still firmly believed that everything Mrs. Shen had done was to kill her, to sacrifice her in order to extend her own life or gain some advantage. However, the players who had experienced the previous Shi family incident could vaguely glimpse the truth behind the situation.

They silently watched this tragedy unfold.

Shen Jingdan also heard the commotion nearby. Ignoring the players' attacks, she screamed in rage, "I don't need your help, and I don't need you to care. Stop pretending to be so sympathetic; I will not let you go!" Blood tears streamed down her face as she furiously grasped the players' attacking tools, her skin beginning to rot along with her anger.