CHAPTER 55

Chapter 55: Dream Resort Villa

Whether it was because there were unusually many people on the mountain this time or due to the daylight, Fu Yanghui hadn't heard any strange noises along the way up, nor had he seen any of the bizarre creatures or coffins from the previous night.

Frowning, he stood before a bush.

Pan Mao walked by and asked, "What's wrong?"

Fu Yanghui replied, "I saw a coffin here last night." But now, the ground was damp with no traces left, making it impossible to tell that anything had been placed there.

Pan Mao exclaimed, "Wow, the mountain really is different during the day! I see now; I have to come with you guys at night sometime."

The two of them looked at the growing crowd ahead and didn't linger too long, catching up with the others. "Let's move on."

After stopping and going a few times, the group finally saw the shadow of a building as the sun neared the horizon. Its shadow stretched long, a dark mass reflected on the ground, resembling a monstrous creature waiting to devour.

The NPCs didn't react much, but the players were momentarily dazed as they stared at the ancient courtyard wall.

The first player to arrive murmured, voicing a collective feeling: "I keep thinking... I've been to this place before."

Yu Mu Sheng pressed his hand against his racing heart, which had quickened from the exertion of climbing, and glanced at the expressions of the three people around him.

Yu Yangxu's expression changed the most noticeably. From the start of the ascent, his brow had remained furrowed, and he had tried several times to advise Mu Sheng to leave this place.

Xiao Junyu and Ning Yongnian seemed more wary, with an undercurrent of curiosity.

Mu Sheng sensed that the Yu family had the deepest connection with the shrine in this instance and likely knew the most about it.

Xiao Junyu and Ning Yongnian probably had some inkling of what was going on and were somewhat related, but their understanding was not as profound.

Disregarding their unease, Mu Sheng moved toward the entrance of the shrine.

This time, the shrine's main door was open, as if waiting for them to enter.

In the daylight, the door showed signs of rust, revealing an oldness that could not be concealed despite attempts at maintenance, steeped in the passage of time and history.

The players naturally waited for the NPCs to go in first. Yu Yangxu came back to his senses and walked in front of Mu Sheng, saying, "I'll go in first; you follow me. It's getting late, and we should have a quick look around before heading back."

Mu Sheng blinked and nodded.

One of the players, unable to resist, reached out to touch the somewhat ominous door. Fu Yanghui's expression changed, and he was about to stop him, but by the time the player withdrew his hand, there was no sign of anything unusual on his face.

Fu Yanghui realized then that he hadn't seen the illusion he had experienced before, nor felt that seemingly real pain.

The shrine appeared quite safe during the day, and its current demeanor reinforced that impression.

However, Fu Yanghui couldn't relax at all; as soon as he entered, he felt a heaviness in his heart. Upon stepping through the main door, nobody spoke loudly. In the nearby drifting white smoke of incense, a sense of solemnity and silence was maintained.