CHAPTER 62

Chapter 62: Dreamy Holiday Resort

Shen Jingdan's sudden escape took the players at the scene by surprise.

"Quick, go after her and bring her back!"

"Is she hurt? Is it serious?"

The female player who had been scratched by Shen Jingdan winced and took a deep breath. "She's really strong, but thankfully, it's just a minor scrape. Shen Jingdan recognized our faces, so we need to get her back quickly!"

Fu Yanghui looked at the girl who had completely vanished into the night and shook his head. "She ran too fast, and her mental state is very unstable. If she screams, it'll attract a lot of security. If we encounter them, we'll likely be driven out by those special NPCs."

The few players who were about to chase her hesitated, slowly stopping in their tracks.

"It's okay. In her current state, no one will believe what she says, so those special NPCs can't use her words as a reason to kick us out."

Pan Mao nodded. "We've gathered all the information we need. Keeping Shen Jingdan with us now would be useless; once daylight comes, we won't be able to manage her anyway."

"Ultimately, Shen Jingdan will either find a way to leave this resort or be captured again by the Shen family."

The players realized this made sense. Their earlier panic dissipated, replaced by excitement.

"Then, based on the information we have, all we need to do is figure out who has been to that mountain shrine and brought back the strange 'sacrifices.' That should complete the clue task!"

"Let me think... Given the current situation in the A district, we can definitely confirm that Yu Zhao, Yu Yangxu, and Madam Shen are monsters."

"Ning Yongnian and that Shu Cang also seem a bit off. I think they might be involved too. Their attitude toward the players is terrible, and I don't want to stay near them for long."

Pan Mao pondered, "There are multiple types of special NPCs in a scenario. Besides those monsters who went to the shrine for immortality, there are also informed special NPCs who balance the scenario. They have special abilities and similarly dislike players, so we can't rely on this method for judgment."

Fu Yanghui replied, "We still need to be cautious and create a list of suspicious targets, then investigate and confirm each one before summarizing our findings."

Although every player had the opportunity to submit a clue task, each had limited chances. Once lost, they would never have another opportunity to receive rewards for the clue task. From a personal perspective, no one wanted to be the one to risk trying to rule out erroneous results.

Moreover, following the usual conventions of horror games, submitting speculative answers without solid evidence could likely lead to punishment for the players who made random guesses.

Seeing the varied expressions and hesitations on the players' faces, Pan Mao sighed and swallowed back his suggestion to act together tomorrow.

Fu Yanghui continued, "Now that everyone understands the rules, it's getting late. Let's all go back to rest and continue investigating the manor tomorrow."

He frowned and added, "There are still many unresolved questions about the dreams we all had last night. I personally advise everyone to be cautious and not sleep too long."

Some players exchanged nervous glances and hurriedly nodded before leaving, while others showed some conscience, transferring points and items to those who would be going to the Yu family and Shen family villas before leaving with a hint of guilt.