CHAPTER 76

Chapter 76: The Main World

As the gods withdrew their power and the remaining souls who hadn't fully transitioned disappeared, completing the clue task became a relatively smooth process.

Yu Mu Sheng only needed to confirm how many entities like Yu Zhao existed within the villa area. After all, once the divine powers faded and the "zombies" vanished, people like Yu Zhao and Yu Yangxu, who had long completed their transformation and no longer fell within normal human boundaries, weren't greatly affected.

With the system's special privileges, Mu Sheng quickly identified Yu Zhao and the others' locations through other players' perspectives, and within an instant, he submitted the answer.

The dungeon ended quickly.

It felt like only a moment passed before the surroundings shifted from the ancient, worn temple to the host's modern, high-tech personal space.

Mu Sheng raised his hand in a daze, touching his lips, which still seemed to carry a trace of coldness.

In short, it was a strange dungeon with strange people.

The system notification interrupted Mu Sheng's recollection, and the familiar dungeon settlement screen appeared in front of him again.

As always, Mu Sheng was the only one who completed the clue task. The progress and contributions of the others lagged far behind, not even close enough for the system to consider them eligible for rewards.

Mu Sheng glanced at the blurred names on the list, and the faces of "Fu Yanghui" and the two odd players from the first dungeon flashed through his mind.

If one were to seriously compare intelligence and strength, those "Messenger Players" far exceeded normal people. Mu Sheng didn't doubt that if they had truly focused on pursuing and deciphering the clue task, the competition would have been fierce.

But that was assuming they actually devoted themselves entirely to the clue task, instead of engaging in strange behaviors and concerning themselves with trivial matters.

Mu Sheng had long noticed that they seemed to be deliberately chasing and testing him, though he couldn't quite grasp their reasons.

Were they trying to get information about the clue task or the dungeon from him?

That seemed overly convoluted. With the time they spent approaching him, they could have easily used their own strength and intelligence to get the information they wanted.

Mu Sheng remembered a few key words and scenes from his meetings with them and refocused his attention on the dungeon settlement.

Just like in the first dungeon, completing the clue task this time awarded a special individual reward.

When Mu Sheng received another card, he wasn't surprised.

This card was remarkably similar to the one he had gotten before. At a glance from a distance, it would be easy to mistake them for the same card.

The shape, size, color, material, and even the glow it emitted were almost identical.

Mu Sheng took out the previous card and compared them closely, finding that the biggest differences lay in the card's pattern and the name officially given to it.

The card from the second dungeon was called "Life and Death," with a design featuring a misty cloud and a skull. The pattern was intricately beautiful, and even though the imagery was somewhat eerie, the card itself didn't feel out of place or unpleasant. However, staring at it for too long could cause a strange sense of mental disorientation.