CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30: The Rule of the Campus

Mu Sheng's original plan was to divert the attention of some of the puppets outside while coordinating with the players outside to use props to restrain Jian Li. After all, he was ostensibly an ordinary NPC, but in reality, he was a player. If this fact were revealed, the puppets would instinctively view him as an enemy and attempt to attack him autonomously—this would be enough to create a period of chaos for Jian Li's commands.

Mu Sheng had previously discovered that Jian Li controlled these wooden puppets to attack, but in reality, these puppets still retained a bit of their own consciousness. The distinct characteristics of their attacks further confirmed this point. Occasionally emerging independent awareness among the puppets, if it conflicted with Jian Li's original commands, was akin to rebelling against Jian Li.

Jian Li's commands would thus experience a delay. This would cause Jian Li to expend more energy and stamina to control the puppets. With a large number of puppets losing control simultaneously, the previously unassailable Jian Li, who was protected by the puppets, would also show vulnerabilities.

However, Mu Sheng did not expect the effect of this plan to be so effective. In fact, it had completely exceeded his expectations. At the moment he appeared, all the puppets suddenly experienced a strong surge of emotions, even collectively breaking free from Jian Li's control and restraints. But they did not do this to attack Mu Sheng; instead, it was to:

Disguise themselves as ordinary wooden blocks?

Even the players who had discussed this plan in the archives were taken aback, let alone those who were unaware. Conversely, Jian Li himself showed no signs of shock. It was as if he had already anticipated such a strange occurrence. He maintained his elegant demeanor, appearing unfazed.

He sensed the final thought conveyed by these puppets as they severed their connections to the puppet strings: ordinary NPCs cannot witness things that exceed normality; situations that lack logical coherence would lead to their disappearance. Moreover, they... were too ugly. Too frightening.

This calm student council member, in the face of all his puppets losing control, even smiled at Mu Sheng's frowning face. "I'm glad they have acknowledged you."

Such an abrupt smile and dialogue did not carry the neurotic feeling often associated with someone like Tang Rufa. Instead, it was particularly charming. However, this only made the players feel a chill run down their spines, their expressions tightening and turning pale. In contrast, Mu Sheng remained indifferent.

Shen Fengyu, witnessing this, furrowed his brow and acted decisively. With rich combat experience, he was no longer a new player requiring reminders. Without needing to communicate or discuss in advance, he grasped the key to the plan and adapted accordingly.

Shen Fengyu's dark gray eyes resembled some metallic, meteorite-like quality—mysterious and dangerous—sharp like the ancient sword he held.

Mu Sheng reminded him, "Make sure to attack his vital points!"

Shen Fengyu paused, fully exerting the remaining strength he had initially reserved. The dungeon hadn't reached its natural conclusion yet, and he was concerned that prematurely killing an important special NPC could destabilize it. However, Shen Fengyu quickly realized that his earlier concerns were entirely unnecessary.

The sword energy that had cleaved the final boss in the previous dungeon barely managed to cut through Jian Li's uniform now, leaving a white mark on his body—like a dull blade scraping against wood, only managing to leave a faint trace. No wonder Jian Li remained so composed even without the puppets' protection; his current state could hardly be considered that of a normal human. His physical strength was even greater than that of the other puppets. Players simply could not harm him.