CHAPTER 79

Chapter 79: Deep Sea (III)

The researchers waited for a while, ensuring that the deep-sea creatures had truly left. Their gazes were all focused intensely on the crown in the golden-haired man's hands.

One researcher, still shaken from the ordeal, muttered, "It seems the deep-sea creatures' target really was this item we brought back..."

According to the timeline, the deep-sea creatures began to go berserk around the time the research team brought the items back from the deep-sea territory. The timing of the high-ranking deep-sea creatures' first outbreak also coincided with the research institute's initial studies on the retrieved items.

At this moment, a man in a dark suit with a white lab coat and an assistant badge around his neck entered the room and was taken aback by the golden-haired man's actions. Not only him but all the researchers who had come to realize the crown's significance were on edge. It seemed that they either did not understand the importance of the crown or, more accurately, knew the danger but found the golden-haired man completely indifferent to it.

The exquisitely beautiful crown in the man's hands seemed to be nothing more than a harmless toy to him. He tossed it around, letting it spin occasionally on his long, slender, and pale fingers.

The researchers watching were extremely anxious, fearing that this item, which might trigger another deep-sea creature revolt, could fall to the ground at any moment. Despite their fear, for some reason, they lacked the courage to stop him.

The newly arrived assistant exclaimed, "Mr. Blair!"

He had undoubtedly voiced what everyone else was thinking.

Under the tense gaze of the researchers in the room, the man named Blair slowed his movements.

Blair chuckled, seemingly pleased by the reaction of those around him. He enjoyed observing the varied expressions on their faces and then let his gaze linger on Bo Sheng's particularly calm and even cold face before tossing the crown to his assistant.

Without exaggeration, the assistant was startled by Blair's frivolous action, breaking out in a cold sweat. As he caught the crown with his gloved hands, his legs still trembled from residual fear and anxiety.

The assistant swallowed hard, thinking, if this thing had fallen just now, would those creatures really have come back?

Blair blinked as if he didn't notice the assistant and researchers' unspoken discontent and reluctance. "Weren't you all so eager for me to stop the research and bring this thing over? Why the unwelcome reaction now?"

No one dared to respond to his casual and somewhat frivolous remarks.

Even though Blair was smiling pleasantly, anyone with normal intelligence could sense the underlying coldness and dissatisfaction in his words.

Since the crown was brought back by the expedition team, Blair had been in charge of monitoring and research related to it. He was just at a crucial step in his research when it was interrupted.

Blair usually appeared friendly and indifferent to people, but in the realm of research, he was known for being obsessive and tyrannical, intolerant of any doubts or objections. His talent and status fully supported his domineering attitude.

Although he was in the same research institute, the difference between research projects and researchers was stark. Blair was always involved in the most central and resource-rich projects, working in the most well-equipped and secure places.

The project being conducted in this room, however, was of a lower level, and the researchers' status was correspondingly modest. The only person here with the qualification to speak directly with Blair was Bo Sheng, a newcomer to the institute.