CHAPTER 28

Chapter 28: Rules of the Campus

Faced with Tang Rufen's sudden change, Mu Sheng showed no surprise on his face.

This reassured Tang Rufen that the player disguised as an ordinary NPC truly knew something was off with him in advance.

Tang Rufen suddenly covered his face with one hand and laughed a few times, even somewhat nervously: "This is just... so interesting."

His somewhat twisted face returned to normal in the next second, resembling the earlier timid Tang Rufen who was bullied.

Waiting for Mu Sheng to save him, he followed him like a little fan.

His eyes sparkled, as if he were looking at the savior of his fate.

"Can I know how you figured out there was something wrong with me, Mu Sheng?"

Mu Sheng looked at his mask-like changing expression and frowned.

In fact, compared to most special NPCs who acted according to rules, and even Shen Fengyu, who seemed to be subtly observing him, Mu Sheng was more unaccustomed to dealing with a madman like Tang Rufen.

The thoughts of such people are difficult to predict logically, and their actions easily stray from conventional logic.

Mu Sheng responded to the question with another question: "Do you know Shen Fengyu? Are you from the same place?"

This time, Tang Rufen genuinely did not expect Mu Sheng to know this: "Did you see me talking to Shen Fengyu that night?"

Tang Rufen's relationship with Shen Fengyu was not very strong; to be precise, the relationships among messenger players were not particularly good either.

Seeing Shen Fengyu injured while dealing with that vengeful spirit boss, Tang Rufen would naturally take the opportunity to kick him while he was down.

Tang Rufen said, "But I didn't feel your presence at the scene."

Mu Sheng had indeed not seen the two of them interact firsthand.

Although he had all the live perspectives of the players, there were too many players in the instance, and Mu Sheng lacked the energy to focus on all of them.

At that time, all his attention was directed towards acting with Yu Qizhi.

Mu Sheng said, "You two have a lot in common."

For instance, in how they walked.

Tang Rufen's superficial performance was indeed excellent, but he failed to notice some instinctual behaviors.

Like Shen Fengyu, the footprints left by Tang Rufen while relaxed were like those of a precisely crafted android, each print seemingly printed without variation.

This almost terrifying control over his body was something an ordinary player, easily bullied by special NPCs, could not possess.

Mu Sheng looked at him calmly, placing a hand behind his back: "Don't you think it's too coincidental since we met?"

Mu Sheng had indeed quickened his pace to that class because he saw Tang Rufen being bullied on the live screen, and the symbol on his chest was about to change to 【2/2】.

But precisely because he was always paying attention to Tang Rufen, Mu Sheng noticed something was off.

Tang Rufen had intentionally bumped into a desk in the classroom, creating a series of noises.
The loud sounds could be heard in the corridor—

He was deliberately making it audible, drawing attention to what was happening inside.
To be precise, he was attracting Mu Sheng's attention.

The timing when he was pushed out of the classroom and almost bumped into Mu Sheng was also just right.