CHAPTER 37

Chapter 37: Dream Resort

As soon as Mu Sheng heard those words, he furrowed his brows, wanting to say something as he looked at Yu Yangxu not far away, but in the end, he only expressed some gentle words.

Yu Mu Sheng: "I didn't mean that. How can you say such a thing about your brother?"

Here it comes again, that pitiful look—just like when someone else says something, he only shrinks his shoulders and tries to make peace.

Yu Yangxu crossed his arms, showing no sign of backing down despite Yu Mu Sheng's softened tone: "Did I say something wrong? You didn't cling to Shu Cang, or is it that you didn't come back wearing my 'friend's' jacket?"

If Yu Yangxu didn't know that his second brother lacked that kind of intellect, he would think that he was deliberately getting close to his nemesis, Ning Yongnian, and making intimate gestures to disgust him.

Even though Yu Mu Sheng was used to his brother's careless sarcasm, it still made him pale with anger: "Can you stop talking like that?"

As Mu Sheng stepped closer, Yu Yangxu finally got a clear look at his second brother tonight.

He had a slight smell of alcohol, and his face was flushed—he had clearly been drinking quite a bit.

The youth's eyes were slightly dazed and hazy, but he still tried his best to widen them; they sparkled like tiny stars.

Perhaps because his second brother usually kept his head down, with a pale face that gave off a sense of insignificance, Yu Yangxu felt that he was seeing Yu Mu Sheng's face clearly for the first time today.

Unlike his overly gentle and introverted personality, the combination of the youth's features was actually very striking and aggressive.

However, the slightly drooping corners of his eyes made his eyes appear rounder, adding an innocent look that tempered the direct allure that struck at the heart.

But it wasn't that much better.

Especially since Mu Sheng had been drinking; in the stuffy private room, he had broken a sweat, and now his snow-white skin glowed with a rosy hue.

Yu Mu Sheng's voice was always soft, and to ensure Yu Yangxu could hear him, he took a few steps closer, the scent of his perfume mingling with the smell of alcohol, directly invading others' noses.

Yu Yangxu's Adam's apple moved; he particularly disliked the smell of alcohol on others.

But inexplicably, it didn't make him want Yu Mu Sheng to step away.

Yu Yangxu realized he had been staring blankly at this useless second brother in annoyance and coldly snorted, saying, "Don't use that elder's tone to lecture me; you're not much older than I am."

Yu Mu Sheng was taken aback; perhaps the alcohol had made him bolder, allowing him to say things he wouldn't usually dare to: "No matter what, I'm still your brother."

In anger, the young man...

His eyebrows and eyes became even more vivid.

Yu Yangxu's Adam's apple moved again; with his handsome features, he would definitely be the rebellious campus heartthrob at university.

On the surface, it was almost impossible to see any resemblance between the two brothers.

Yu Yangxu: "Do you think you..."

Before he could finish his sentence, a man's voice interrupted him: "Yu Yangxu, shut up."

It was clearly the voice of an adult man, with a tone typical of someone in a position of authority. Just from the voice, it was clear that the newcomer wielded significant power, the kind that brooked no dissent.