92

"Ok! The turkeys in the oven, potato's and everything else is cooking..now let's get the table ready." Kara said. Lena nodded as she held Lori in her arms. "Sounds good! What can I do to help?" Lena asked. "Uh...you can grab the tablecloth out and you Alrua..you can take Lori into the other room and gently put her down on the blanket and play with her, so me and momma can finish up in here." Kara said. "Ok mommy! Come on little sister...let's go play." Alura said as Lena passed her over to her. Alura carefully took Lori and walked out of the kitchen. "She's so good with her." Lena said. "Yes she is." Kara replied with a smile.

Alura sat down with Lori on her lap and began playing with the toys while their moms worked in the kitchen. "Everyone arrives in a few hours...mom's bringing the pies, so we don't have to worry about that. So in the meantime...we can stand back and enjoy the sight of our daughters playing together." Kara said as she leaned into Lena's shoulder. Lena wrapped her arm around her wife as they watched Alura and Lori playing together.

Eliza was the first to arrive with several pies in a cooler. "Grandma!" Alura exclaimed happily. "Hello my darlings! I see you two are playing together nicely." Eliza said. "Yes mommy had me take Lori in here so we'd be out of the way of the hot stove." Alura replied. "That's a good idea. I'll be right back sweetheart, I'm gonna take these pies into the kitchen." Eliza said. "Hey mom! I'll take this for you." Kara said as she grabbed the cooler. "It's got a lot of ice inside it so it should stay cold till dinner time." Eliza replied before leaving to go back to the living room.

"I'm so glad we dropped off everything to make pies with Eliza..our oven  is not large enough to do everything." Lena said. "I know..and it makes her happy to do something for the holiday...and it gives her time to hangout with her granddaughters." Kara added. Lena's phone began ringing just then. "It's Sam." Lena said as she answered it. Kara headed off into the living room and joined her mom and daughters.