Chapter 29 xx :)

Chapter 29 xx :)

Niall's POV

I might've been a bit useless the whole time we've been stuck in this island, but I'm happy about it. I'm sick, and Kate's taking really good care of me. Like last night, she changed the towel every now and then. She lifted up my head and let me lie down on her lap to make me comfortable. And she even sang to me. 

I know you've been hurt by someone else

I can see it by the way you carry yourself

If you let me here's what I do

I'll take care of you

I've loved and I've lost

She stroked my hair as she told me how she's been doing on those months that we cooled off. She said Saoirse told her to try and change herself, but she didn't want to change just because of some break up. She's done a lot ever since we broke up, like she starred in her own movie with... Justin... and her band has been through recordings, interviews and concerts. I asked her why she ignored me at the meet-and-greet, and I kinda felt bad about it.

"Why'd you ignore me at the event the other day? That was really rude, you know."

"Because... you ignored me. All those months we've cooled off, I waited for you to talk to me. I messaged you like a billion times. I told you once in a message to meet me at the airport in UK, so we could talk things out. I was hoping we'd get back together. I thought you would come but you never showed up... And that's when I started ignoring you, since you ignored that message."

"I'm... sorry..."

"Yeah... Just go to sleep, Niall." she said, and she just stared out the window. The whole time. 

Now I'm feeling really bad about myself. Why didn't I read that message?! 

I was too stressed about our relationship back then. I never read any of her messages nor answer her calls. I don't know why or how it became like this. It's confusing. My head hurts. 

Kate's POV

Yeah, we're 'enemies'. But still friends, so I guess we're frenemies? I don't know, and I don't care. I just want to take care of Niall for now. It's the last chance I'll ever get.

I was stroking his hair while I sing to him. The fireplace was still lit, and the rain isn't that strong anymore. The moon shines brightly at the sea. It's pretty but I hate the sea. I never did. That's why I never wanted a boat ride. In fact, I didn't panic because I saw Niall. It was because Stacy was there, and she almost pushed me offboard when we were still kids. I think that was back in third grade? And... I panicked because I was afraid she'll flirt with Niall, and I'll never have my chances with him again. 

Wait, what did I just say? Ugh! Nevermind. Ignoring it.

Why does Stacy hate me that much? What did I ever do to her? Whatever.

I'm really happy I get to spend time with Niall, even though I'm rude and rough to him most of the time. Even when we met, because you know... He's a guy, and I'm afraid of guys. I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid I never talked to people. Genevie tells me I'm a wallflower. Well, most people do. But I ignore it. 

Why do I keep ignoring things?! And why do I have too many questions in my head?!

"Kate? Kate... Kate!"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah? What is it Niall?"

"You drift off while you sing?"

"I did? Really?"