Leaving

DeVante

"But babe I don't want you to leave" Savannah said whining to me on the bed.

"I don't wanna leave either baby" I told her placing my shirt in my suitcase.

She sighed and brought her knees as close to her chest as possible because her growing stomach was starting to get in the way. I sat on the opposite side of the bed next to her.

"Babe these few months are gonna fly by so fast, that it's gonna be like I never left" I said stroking her hair while she laid on my chest.

"I'm gonna be six and a half months pregnant when you get back D" she said rubbing her stomach.

"Would it make you happier if you came out on the road and saw me? And you came to pick me up from the airport when it's time for me to come home" I asked.

She got up and was smiling brightly. "That would make me so happy babe! And when you get back we can gather our family and friends up and tell them the good news" she said pecking my lips.

I smiled "Whatever makes my baby happy then I'm happy with it too" I said I kissing her forehead then her stomach.

"And baby Emmanuel will be happy too" she said getting up and putting some clothes in my suitcase.

"Emmanuel? Why that name" I asked.

"I like it and it means 'God with us' and we're both Christians. Both have pastor parents. It fits us - at least that's what I thought. We can pick something else if you don't like it" she said turning around and going back into the closet with a slight attitude.

"Nah I actually like the name" I said getting up to help her. "And if we have a girl we can name her Lorraine. I don't what it means but I like it" I said laughing a little.

"I like that name too. We can pick out middle names later down the pregnancy" she said.

" Yeahh let's finish packing though" I said smacking her butt and she jumped.

------------------

"Take care of my baby aight punk" I told Savannah as we stood on the porch.

She laughed and shook her head. "Aight whatever little boy, don't get that pretty face of yours smacked before you leave" she told me jokingly as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I placed my arms around her waist and pulled her in as close as possible. "I'm gonna miss you so much baby" I told Savannah and pecked her lips. "I can't wait until you come see me" I said.

"I can't wait either and I'm gonna miss you too" she sighed. The taxi horn honked and I knew it was time to go.

I gave her the longest kiss and stared at her before I walked away.

"See you soon baby" I said.

"Later baby" Savannah said.

"I was actually talking to my other baby" I said and she looked embarrassed.

"I love you baby and I love you too other baby" I said giving her one last kiss and the baby.

"We love you too and have a safe trip. And call me when you get to your hotel room" Savannah said.

"Alright I got you" I said closing the taxi door.

She stood there and waved goodbye until the taxi was out of her sight.