"Home"

Savannah

*One Week Later*

Today I finally got discharged from the hospital after spending a extra week in there! Currently DeVante is trying to help me out of the car.

"Ouch babe! Be careful" I told him while grabbing my crutch from him.

"I'm trying to be but my bad" he said walking behind me in case I fall.

"Can you just carry me instead please" I asked with the sad puppy face.

He laughed and picked me up gently while I carried my crutch. "You should do this regularly babe" I told him jokingly.

"Only because I love you that's why" he said and we kissed. He placed me on the couch and went back outside to get the rest of the stuff.

"I love you too punk" I told him and stuck my tongue out at him. He smiled and shook his head.

"You want any medicine before I head upstairs" he asked. I shook my head no.

"I would like some water and the TV please" I told him politely.

He disappeared into the kitchen and then came back handing me my water bottle. He turned the TV on and handed me the remote. He took a pillow placed it on the table and propped my legs up.

"Anything else" he asked looking tired.

"When you finish with upstairs, can you come keep me company? I don't like being alone in here now" I told him truthfully.

"I'll be quick as possible" he told me and then pecked my lips. I smiled and he went up the stairs.

I got comfortable on the couch and the bell rang. I looked at the door and then at the stairs.

"Dammit! DeVante just had to go shower" I said then cursed under my breath.

"Who is it" I yelled out.

"Girl come open this damn door" she said.

"Mommy" I said cheerfully.

I grabbed my crutch and took my time getting up. I limped over to the window and checked if she was by herself before opening the door.

"What took you so damn long" she said pushing her way through.

"Well I'm almost three months pregnant and I have things broken in different places. Takes awhile to move" I told her irritated.

"Where Donald at" she asked going into the kitchen. I slowly followed behind her.

"He's in the shower. Came here to cook" I asked as she placed the brown bags onto the granite counter tops.

"Yes, yes I am! Would you like fried chicken and lasagna? Or baked macaroni with baked chicken" she asked.

I rubbed my belly. "Well Emmanuel and I would like the both baked option" I told her and she nodded.

"Alrighty then! I'll call y'all when it's done and we gonna talk young lady" she said preparing stuff.

"Yes ma'am" I said making my way back to the living room. DeVante still wasn't done and 20 minutes had passed already.

I got myself back into my earlier position and started flipping through channels - Patiently waiting on DeVante to come keep me company.

I took a long look around my surroundings and shivered. This is no longer my "home" I thought.
Definitely ain't no way I'm sleeping in that bedroom I thought shaking my head and looked at the stairs.

"What you shaking ya big ol' head for" DeVante asked finally returning.

"If I could, I would throw a pillow at you" I told him giggling.

He sat down gently on the couch next to me.

"Now tell me what you thinkingabout" he said looking at me.

"I don't wanna stay here anymore" I blurted out.

DeVante gave me am unreadable expression.

"You just got robbed and held at gunpoint a few months ago. It happened AGAIN a week ago to me! In this very same house while I'm pregnant! Let's not forget I got shot in the process. I don't wanna stay here Donald" I told him bluntly.

"I know your scared but do you really think moving is gonna make a difference? You'll still have the memory embedded in your forever - Just like me babe. At least we have each other and we don't have to worry about that ever again" he told me.

I rolled my eyes "And how do you know that Donald" I asked staring him down.

"Just trust me Savannah. You won't have to" He said nodding his head.

"So what about when you leave again for tour? And I'm still not sleeping in that damn bedroom - I don't care what you say" I told him adamantly.

He laughed a little "I'm not leaving for tour for another two weeks so you'll be okay. And when I leave, I'ma leave some protection behind. And we can sleep where ever you would like" he told me and gave me a wink.

"Okay just remember that you said that" I told him.

"I will" he said and I nodded.