Setting Up

Dalvin

"Aight I'm done with setting shit up on my side.. How's it going for y'all" I asked all the boys in the room.

Today we're finally having that party that we were supposed to throw. They have us decorating and shit but whatever. Feel like tonight is gonna be the night where everyone tells all.

"I'm done with everything over here" DeVante said.

"I'm gonna go get the food because I'm done" JoJo said.

"And I'm gonna go help him" K-Ci said.

They left and I started helping D with his side of the room.

"How you think the party gonna go tonight" I asked him.

"I ain't too sure. Everyone got they own shit going on. Feel like some shit is gonna happen tonight. You bringing your girl through tonight" he asked me.

"I was thinking about it. I don't know how Chloe would feel about that" I told him.

He laughed and shook his head at me. "What you laughing about" I asked confused.

"You know good and damn well that girl ain't stressing about you! She got somebody new and don't give a damn what you do" He replied.

I shrugged "I guess you got a point. So yea I'll bring my girl through" I said.

"Hopefully Savannah gonna actually try to do some couple stuff and not put up a big ass front" DeVante said climbing down the step stool.

"Yea how y'all doing? I ain't want to get into y'all business" I said as we started picking up the trash.

"Everything is everything I guess. She's been complaining about back pain and shit lately. But as a couple we should be bouncing back soon. Other than we good. How about you" He asked.

"I hope she feels better and y'all should go check that out. And my relationship is good. We both busy and shit and you know how that goes. Think I might end up marrying her one day" I admitted.

D started laughing and I mean laughing real damn hard. "Why you so weak" I asked confused.

"You? Marry somebody? The Dalvin I know would NEVER and I mean NEVER, do anything like that. Let alone say the M word. You must really be maturing" he told me.

I laughed a little and shook my head. "Whatever man. I'm bout it, bout it and you know it" I said matter of factly.

"Yea you bout it, bout it now. But before you were far from it" He said as we took the trash outside.

"Man please! When you gonna settle down" I asked him.

"You know I was gonna ask Savannah! But shit kept happening and now were here and it ain't happening no time soon. So I ain't rushing it anymore" he told me honestly.

I nodded in understanding and locked the place up. "Well drop me off at my place. Need to go get ready for this party and whatever that's coming with it" I said getting in his car.

Let's hope it's nothing too serious I thought as he pulled out of his parking spot.