Realization

Dalvin

Although Chole isn't my girl anymore, I still wanted to make sure that she was okay. I left out of Jade's room with her and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes Dalvin, how may I help you" she asked stopping abruptly.

"Just wanted to make sure that you were okay" I told her honestly.

"Well let's see shall we! Two of my best friends are laying in hospital beds. One almost lost her baby and the other one finally woke up from her concussion. Oh and I was in the middle of a robbery! A night that was supposed to be fun, turned out to be a fucking nightmare" she yelled at me.

"I know that it was scary but look on the bright side" I said.

She squinted her eyes at me and folded her arms across her chest while tapping her foot.

"What bright side Dalvin" she asked annoyed.

"Both of them are alive and so is everyone else" I told her smiling a little.

"That doesn't stop the fact that I was still held hostage in a damn robbery! I was lucky along with Monae to not be harmed. But those two in there struggling" she said wiping a tear.

"I'm sorry Chole" I said rubbing her shoulder.

"What if they don't recover like what if they never wanna go outside again? What if Jade just keeps Jay in the house forever?! What if Savannah moves out of Jersey?! What happens then" She asked me.

"Okay now you went over board. Jade isn't gonna keep Jay prisoner in the house - He's a baby. Savannah and D, they not moving nowhere" I told her.

"You don't know that for a fact" she said.

She turned around and walked to the elevator and I stood in my spot. The doors open and Steven came running out. I let out a frustrated sigh.

I watched as he held Chole and she cried into his chest. "I'm gonna go now" I said to no one in particular.

I made my way back down the hall and went to check on Savannah this time. Her family and DeVante is in the room laughing about something.

Yeah I rather be in here than watch Chole and Steven ever again I thought.

"Hey Dalvin" Savannah greeted.

I smiled at her "How you feeling" I asked.

"I'm okay I guess. Can't complain because I got another chance" she said smiling.

I nodded and greeted everyone else in the room before taking a seat in the window sill and looking out the window.

I finally realized that for real now that I have to let Chole go and move on with my own life. She chose Steven and I have to respect that - Although I don't like dude.