Decisions

Monae

*One Week Later*

"No Ma, the engagement is still off... I don't know... Yes, I still love him... Well that's not your decision... I'm still angry so I can't forgive him yet... Yes... Okay... Bye... Love you too" I said finally putting the phone back on the hook.

I called the engagement off as soon as JoJo told me about his affair. Why cheat if you claim you're happy? He tried to beg for my forgiveness but no! He's gonna hurt as much as I am. As for this wedding though, it might or might not be one.

"Monae" I heard JoJo call from downstairs. "What" I called back fixing up our bedroom. "Can you come down here for a minute" he asked. I rolled my eyes and exit the room to meet him. "What do you want" I asked. He pulled out a blind fold. "I'm not putting that on" I told him about to head back upstairs.

He grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder. I started pounding on his back. "Joel put me the hell down" I yelled but he ignored me. We entered the kitchen and then he proceeded to the basement where I could hear music. "Joel you know I hate surprises" I told him rolling my eyes.

"Just shut up and wait" he said as he made his way down the stairs. I popped his butt which caused him to chuckle. "Are you gonna cooperate with me Monae" he asked. "Sure" I said wanting to get down. He placed me on my feet as my back faced whatever the surprise was.

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On was playing softly in the background. I smiled and JoJo started singing along with Marvin.

We're all sensitive people
With so much to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be
Let's say, I love you

There's nothin' wrong with me
Lovin' you, baby love, love
And givin' yourself to me can never be wrong

"Close your eyes" he said and I did as told. We slowly started walking and then we abruptly stopped after a few seconds. "Alright open" he said and I did. I smiled as I looked around at what he did.

The basement lights were low and there were small candles surrounding the table. There are balloons hanging around the basement. On the table were platters of food and rose petals. "Take a load off" he said pulling out my chair.

I gladly took my seat as he went to go take his. I noticed there is a box sitting in front of me. I touched the box and then looked up at him. "You can open it if you want" he said. I nodded and picked up the box slowly opening it.

Inside was a beautiful diamond necklace along with my birthstone. "This is beautiful" I said pulling it out. He got up and put it on for me. "Only the best for the best" he said once he sat down. "I know this isn't gonna get me forgiveness, but it's a start" he said and I nodded.

"I have another box but it's for after breakfast" he said. We slowly took the lids off. There's stacks of pancakes and waffles. A lot of bacon, sausages, and strawberries with chocolate. "This looks delicious" I said licking my lips.

"Tastes even better" he said licking the chocolate off of one of the strawberries. I bit my lip and looked away from him as he finished the strawberry. "Let's eat" I said and started putting food on my plate. JoJo chuckled but followed pursuit.

While we were eating JoJo pulled out something. "What's that" I asked eating my last waffle. He showed me the earrings that went along with my necklace. My eyes lit up and I smiled. "This is the last of it right? I don't need anything else Joel" I told him seriously.

He shook his head and handed me the earrings. I took them and got up to go check myself out. I opened the bathroom door and turned the light on. I admire my necklace and earrings. JoJo came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "You look beautiful" he said and I smirked.

"Let's go back to the table and have a conversation" I told him exiting the bathroom. We took our seats again and a silence fell in the room. "So are you gonna tell me why you did it or keep on puttin it off" I asked and he sighed. "Joel I'm forreal! How about I go out and cheat on you?! Oh that's right! I can't because I'm a good person and cheating ain't in my blood. All I ever do is support you! I love you unconditionally, and put up with ya shit! Who the fuck was it and don't lie to me Joel" I asked.

I sat on the table in front of him and folded my arms. He rolled his eyes and looked at me. "You really wanna know" he asked. "You wanna get slapped? Don't play with me Joel" I told him sliding a little closer. "Tiara" he said and my face dropped. "As in your ex Tiara? Oh nah! I need to go beat a bitch ass" I yelled annoyed.

I got up off the table and started stomping my way over to the stairs. As my foot was going to land on the stair, I felt JoJo arms wrap around me and pull me back to the table. "Put me the fuck down JoJo! I need to beat her ass" I yelled trying to get out of his grip.

"Then what Monae?! Is that gonna make you feel better? It's not gonna change a damn thing. I cheated on you with one girl! Yeah I was wrong for it, but I don't want her anymore. I love you and I want you. If I wanted Tiara then I'll be at her crib right now, not here with you" he yelled in my face.

SMACK!

"I wanna beat ya ass too. And yes it would make me feel better. You right though, it won't change anything - except for the relationship we worked so hard for. JoJo I love you but -" he cut me off. "And I love you too Monae. Although I ain't deserve that slap -" I gave him a look. "Aight so I deserved it but I still love you and I know we can work through this" he said pulling yet another box out.

I shook my head. "I told you no more gifts. I dont want it" I told him shaking my head. He popped the box open and showed me the ring. "You sure" he asked pulling the ring out of the box and getting on one knee. "It's a promise/engagement ring. I promise to do better and treat you better. I know I keep fucking up and I'm always on the road, but I love you. I love you for putting up with me and loving me unconditionally. I love you for constantly forgiving me and never getting revenge or whatever" he said chuckling.

"Will you marry me - again Monae" he asked as a tear escaped my eye. "I don't know Joel. I love you though and I'm tired of always being put second. I'm tired of being continuously used. I - I don't know. How can I trust you again" I asked. "I know you still trust me Monae. Not like you did before but the love and little bit of trust is still there" he said and slid the ring on my finger.

He stood and kissed my forehead. "Just think about it and I mean really think about it. Don't make no hasty decision Monae. Remember I love you and every relationship has its ups and downs" he told me then pecked my lips. He made his way back upstairs leaving me to think about everything. I sat down and played with my new engagement ring as a small smile crept up on my face.

"I have a big decision to make" I said to myself.