Start Planning

Monae

I finally made it back to my Mom's house. I plopped on the couch in the living room next to my Mom. "Let me see that ring again girl" my Mom said picking up my hand. I smiled and flicked my finger up and down as she admired the ring. "This ring is beautiful" she said finally letting go of my hand. "Thank you" I said cheesing from ear to ear.

"Now let me ask you a serious question. Are you sure you wanna get married so young? I mean y'all have all y'all life to get married" she said looking at me seriously. I thought about it. I thought about everything JoJo and I been through. I looked at the ring on my finger and then at my Mom. "I love him Mom so yes I want to marry him. Age ain't nothing but a number" I told her and she laughed. "Well I'm here to support you Baby, no matter what" she said holding my hand. I smiled and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"I think I should start planning" I told my Mom picking my head up. "You just got engaged and planning already" My Mom said in disbelief. "Yeah I mean its so much to do and decide" I said. "Did it even sink in that your gonna be a wife yet" she asked. "Yes Mom it has" I said rolling my eyes. "Okay then grab a notebook and pen" she said.

I got up off the couch and went upstairs to Nichole's room. I knocked on the door and then walked in. "Hey Nickie" I said sitting on her bed. "Hi" she said dryly. Okay I thought shaking my head. "So you know I'm gonna get married soon right" I asked. "Yeah, what about it" she asked finishing the last coat of nail polish on her toes.

"How would you like to be the Maid of Honor" I asked her excitedly. "Its cool I guess" she said not even bothering to look at me. "Nichole what's ya problem shawty" I asked catching an attitude. "First off you go away to college and leave me. Secondly, you came back and went to see Joel, not ya fam. And lastly, I don't know if I want him to be apart of my family. How does that sound" she asked finally looking at me.

I had no idea she felt like this but I do know she's gonna watch that tone. "First off watch ya tone before I pop you in ya mouth. Secondly, I never knew the way you felt Nichole! I'm sorry okay? I love Joel but y'all are my family and I love y'all too." Lastly, I went away to college for the experience and now that I have it, I'm going to start school in Jersey, in August. How does that sound" I asked her.

She smiled a little and then looked at me. "Are you gonna stay with us or move in with Joel" she asked. "I'm gonna move in with Joel" I told her and her face went to a sad look. "But I'll be here whenever you want and you can come see me whenever you want. You down with that" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. "Your apology has been accepted" she said and we hugged it out.

"Just so you know, I'm 14 and I ain't being nobody flower girl" she said. We both laughed and I shook my head. "Grab a notebook and a pen, and meet me downstairs" I told her making my way out of her room. I made my way over to Jarid room.

I knocked and then entered. "Hey Mo" he said still playing attention to his game. "Hey Jarid" I said sitting on his bed as he sat on the floor playing Mortal Kombat 3. "Wassup" he asked concentrating on the game.  "Aight boom, Mom, Nickie, and I are downstairs, so you wanna join us" I asked. He paused the game and then got up on his bed.

"Join y'all to do what" he asked. "Plan my wedding" I told him. "Nah, I'm straight. That's for y'all women" he said shaking his head. I laughed a little "Boy please" I said. "I'm forreal though Monae. Y'all have fun and I don't wanna wear no ugly color suit" he said seriously. "Turn sixteen and don't know how to act" I said jokingly. He smiled "Yeah whatever, on ya way out make sure you close my door back" he said. "You don't pay no mortgage" I retorted walking out. I closed the door and went downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and laid out on the table was dozens of wedding magazine's. Mom and Nichole were too busy talking and didn't notice me. "Yeah so I don't like that" I said jumping into the conversation once I approached the table. "What took you so long" Mom asked. "I'm here now so let's get started" I said and she nodded.

A|N: So Nichole was holding in all that anger. Do y'all think Monae is planning her wedding too early? Jarid think he's too manly to do anything lol. Enjoyed the chapter? Like and/or comment. Thanks for reading!