On The Road Again

DeVante

"Babe I don't want you to leave! You just got back" Savannah whined again. It's like this every time I have to leave. But this time it's worst because she's pregnant and unable to do anything for herself.

"Come on baby! Please don't do this again" I said sort of irritated.

She moved away from me to the other side of the bed and got under the blanket facing away from me. I sighed and threw my hands up in frustration. "It's just your hormones Savannah" I said and went back to packing.

I heard her sniffle and I looked up at her. "Are you crying" I asked getting in the bed behind her. She pushed me away and I felt some kind of way. "I didn't mean to make you cry babe" I told her honestly.

"What does it matter? You don't care anyway! Just finish packing and you can leave for good for all I care" she shouted and I looked at her confused.

"Yo! You not for real right? Like you dead bugging right now! I'm leaving for two months and you telling me not to come back home" I said mad now.

"Well while your out on the road doing what you love to do and having the time of your life, I'll be stuck here going to class and going through this pregnancy by my damn self" she said still not facing me.

I softened a little when she told me this. "It's only for a little while and trust you won't be going through labor by yourself. I'll be right there by your side" I said.

She turned around to me and her face was all tear-streaked. I wiped her face and kissed her lips. "Look I know it's hard and your going through a lot right now, but we'll get through this. I promise" I said kissing her forehead.

"And I'm still coming in one week to visit" she said adamantly.

"Yea, I know. And I'll be faithful and patiently waiting" I told her zipping my suitcase close.

"Better be" she said jokingly walking over to me.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forever. "I love you babe" I said as she tried to hold me tighter.

"I love you too baby" she said and pecked my lips.

"Now let me knock them boots one last time before daddy has to leave" I told her smacking her butt. She jumped and giggled turning around back on the bed. Then we got down to business.