Sit Back And Observe

Jade

The doorbell rang which signalled that Monae finally made it over. I ran over to the door and opened it, letting her in.

"Hey girl" she said coming in and locking the door behind her.

"Wassup" she said plopping onto the couch.

"So word around town is that JoJo is cheating on you, is that true" I asked her sitting on the arm of the couch. Monae looked shocked and confused.

"Yeah its true but how do you know" she asked defensively.

"Analise from the hair salon told me. Why couldn't you tell me?! Why I had to find out in front of everyone at the hair salon" I said with my face screwed up.

Monae rolled her eyes and sighed. "I just finished having this talk with Maya. She found out from somebody too. This shit is about to be all over the media this week" She said throwing her arms in the air.

I got up and plopped on to the couch next to her. "It'll be aight Nae. If you'd like, I'll calmly beat that ass" I told her seriously. She started laughing hysterically. "Girl I'm serious" I told her laughing too.

"I know but I have something in mind and I already know who it is" she said looking all depressed again.

"Who" I asked leaning in closer.

"His ex . . . Tiara" she said and looked away.

"Tiara" I said jumping up. "Oh hell to the no! I'm gonna two piece that ass when I see her" I said angry.

"No girl, that's my job! I already have something planned" she said looking seriously at me.

"Can I be in on it? She deserves to get that ass beat" I told her and got up to go to the kitchen. Monae followed behind me.

"I'd be down for that and all but this ain't your battle to fight Jade" she said with a tone of authority and seriousness.

"So what are you gonna do about your engagement with -" I got cut off.

"There isn't one" she said sitting on the stool and placing her chin on her fist to hold her head up.

I would be lying if I said I was shocked. "I don't blame you for not wanting to be with him" I whispered while leaning against the fridge for support.

"All I want is for somebody to love me for me and see the good in me" she whispered back.

"We all do and you have to remember that no relationship is perfect. Something is bound to go wrong in any relationship Monae. It all matters on who you think is worth going through all that with. He loves you and you love him. The rest of us are on the outside looking in. The decision is between you and him" I told her bending over the counter.

She nodded and smiled at me. "That's the best advice I've gotten throughout all this. Thanks for not judging me or not putting me down Jade" she told me sincerely.

"Anytime" I told her smiling. "Just sit back and observe everything from here on out" I said.