Hello To You Too

Monae

I had one stop to make and then I would be done with everything for the party. Chloe was supposed to come with me but she's spending time with her family since they got back.

I walked around Party City and picked up the last bit of items. I grabbed the cups and dropped it into my basket. I started turning around the counter to go into another aisle, when some dude bumped into me with his cart.

"Sorry about that! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going" He told me.

I looked at him and my eyes went wide. Damn you fine as hell! Looking like all that and a bag of chips I thought and then licked my lips.

"Don't worry you straight" I told him smiling.

"You have a nice smile" he told me smiling back.

"Thanks and so do you. I'm Monae by the way" I stated reaching out my hand to him.

He moved his dreads to the back and then shook my hand. "I'm Anthony" he stated.

"Nice to meet you Anthony" I said and then we dropped hands.

"The pleasure is all mine" He said took out paper and pen.

He wrote on it and then handed me the paper. "You should call me sometimes" he said and then went around me.

"What if I already have a boyfriend" I asked spinning around in my heels.

"I bet he can't treat you like I can. And I bet he doesn't have you smiling like I do right now. Call and find out" He said smiling at me before turning down another aisle.

I put his number in my bra and smiled. I looked up "I see you God" I said and went into another aisle looking for the rest of the stuff.

I walked to the catch register and checked out. I saw Anthony wave goodbye to me and I waved goodbye back before walking out of Party City.

I got in my car and drove home. As I walked up the stairs to the front door, I could hear music which made me skeptical. I unlocked the door and put the bags down before closing the door back.

I grabbed a vase and held it as a bat. I walked to the living room and saw someone standing there.

"Why are you in my house" I spoke.

The person turned around and it wasn't who I was expecting. I would've took a stranger over him.

"JoJo" I said putting the vase down.

"We're you about to hit me with the case" he asked laughing.

"Why are you here" I asked irritated.

"Because this is my house" he said.

"But you don't live here. And I changed the locks so how did you get in here" I asked getting closer to him.

"I made a copy of the keys before I left" he said nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna need them back before you leave" I told him before going to get the bags.

"Nah you good" he said when I was walking to the kitchen.

"Excuse me" I said confused.

"I said you good. This is my house and if anyone is leaving, it's gonna be you! Otherwise we can both stay and don't have to be in each other's way. There's always the option to go back to ya moms crib" he stated boldly.

I scoffed and walked into the kitchen. I put the bags with the rest of the stuff for the party. "Fine!!! Stay here! But your life is going to be a living hell - I can tell you that much" I told him smiling.

"That's fine by me and I won't be home like that away. I have important shit to do" he said.

I knitted my eyebrows together. "So me going to school isn't important" I asked folding my arms.

"Matter of fact don't answer. I'm leaving in a week anyway so the house will be all yours" I told him walking out of the kitchen.

"You do" he said and it sounded like his voice dropped.

"Yea I do and I gotta go so bye" I said walking out of the door.

I stood on the porch before taking a deep breath and getting back into my car.

"I need to be anywhere but here" I said speeding up the block.

_______________

A hour later I had finally returned home and I walked in. It was quiet except for Let Me Love You Down by Ready For The World playing softly in the background. I knitted my eyebrows together and followed the music into the living room. I saw JoJo sitting down on the love seat and he patted for me to sit next him.

I ignored him and looked around the living room. It was different colored rose petals scattered around the living room and vanilla scented candles - my favorite, all around. I saw a bouquet of flowers laying in his laps - Carnations.... My favorite.

I looked at him skeptical but I lightened up a little bit and sat down next to him in the love seat. "So what is this all about" I asked gesturing my hand around the living room.

"To apologize about earlier, that's all" I said and he handed me the flowers. He got up and started walking away from me.

He's so sweet I thought smiling and sniffing the flowers.

"Joel" I called out and he turned around.

"Thank you" I said smiling at him.

"No need to thank me. I did it because I knew I was wrong" he said honestly.

He turned around and started walking away again. Something in me wanted him back here with me.

"Joel" I called out running behind him again.

He turned around and I ran right into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck with my flowers in hand of course, and laid a kiss right in him. He of course was shocked at first but eventually kissed me back.

I pulled away and smiled at him. "Now, what was that all about" he asked confused but still had his hands tightly secured a around my waist.

"I miss you. I forgive you. I love you. And I never wanna see you leave again" I told him honestly.

"Sorry? I don't think I heard you right" he said and I laughed.

I cleared my throat this time to play along with him. "Make sure you hear me this time aight? I miss you, forgive you, love you and never wanna see you leave me again" I told him.

He kissed me again for awhile before we broke apart again. "I love you too Monae. But where do we go from here" He asked.

"We'll take it one step at a time" I told him and he nodded in agreement. He kissed me again and I felt happiness yet again in my life which I hadn't felt in a long time.