Is This Goodbye?

JoJo

When I came back home the other night from seeing Tiara, Monae wasn't home. I thought she was just out with her girlfriends but boy oh boy, I was SOOO wrong! I went upstairs to the bedroom and that shit was trashed and all her shit was gone!! The bed was broken, the mirrors were cracked and shattered to a million pieces on the floor! My clothes and shoes were thrown about the room - Here's the best part: My shit was bleached!!

I've never seen myself so fucking angry that I flipped the whole dresser upside down! I left the room and ran down the stairs to where I heard keys jingly in the door. I unlocked the door and swung it open - Monae was on the other side. We were so close that I think she saw the hairs flaring out my nostrils.

"What the fuck did you do to my shit" I asked breathing real hard in her face.

"I gave you A LITTLE BIT of what you fucking deserved Joel! I'm tired of being your fucking doormat and being cheated on! Your just lucky that I still have shit here and didn't set this bitch on fire with YOU in it" She barked at me and pushed me out of the way.

I turned around and punched the house door so hard that my knuckles started bleeding. I noticed the blood but didn't feel the pain. "You know I'm leaving for my tour in a hour right?! Who the fuck told you to touch my shit" I asked storming right behind her to the kitchen.

WRONG MOVE I MADE!!

"WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOUR NO GOOD, LYING, BLACK, STUPID, GOOD FOR NOTHING, BASTARD ASS TO CHEAT ON ME?!" She screamed throwing dish plates at me. I was dodging left and right to avoid being hit.

"NO ONE TOLD ME TO MONAE! I WAS JUST CAUGHT UP ON TIARA. CAN YOU STOP ACTING LIKE A CRAZY ASS BITCH FOR A SECOND" I yelled at her. It went dead silent.

"Come again? A crazy ass what?!" She said and flunk the plate at me which hit the side of my face and cut me.

*Play Song*

"I'm gonna leave before I have to go to jail tonight" I said holding my face and turning to walk out of the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me as I walked upstairs to the bathroom.

"So that's it Joel?! You aren't even going to try to fight for me?! I gave you all of me! I wanted to be your fucking wife and have all your kids! You go and cheat on me with that bitch Tiara! I'm supposed to be the love of your life - ME! What does she have that I don't? What is she doing that I don't? Huh? Answer me Joel" she said crying hysterically.

I briskly turned around which stopped her immediately. "You are the love of my life Monae! I get that I've been cheating on you and I've been hurting you! I never meant to - it just happened. When I tried to break it off she threatened to tell you and I couldn't let that happen. I was gonna tell you at my own pace but someone else already told you" I told her and went into the bathroom.

She followed me into the bathroom. "I love you Joel but I don't think I can trust you ever again. Your tour is today and who knows what's gonna happen - especially because I can't keep an eye on you" Monae said wiping her face.

"Maybe we should just call it quits and end this for good" she said after a few moments of silence. I put the alcohol pad down and looked at Monae through the mirror.

"Is that what you really want" I asked.

She shook her head no. "But I know what I deserve - And this Joel, this ain't it" she said seriously. Her tone changed. "I deserve to be treated with love and respect. I need someone who's going to appreciate me and know my worth - appreciate my value" she finished.

"So does this mean goodbye Monae" I asked actually looking at her now.

She grabbed my face and I winced a little but she gave me a gentle kiss on my lips. "This is goodbye JoJo and I'll always love you" she whispered against my lips.

"I don't want this to be goodbye baby" I told her while holding her waist.

"I don't either but this is what it has to be so don't try to fight it" she said.

"I love you Monae" I said which felt like it was going to be the last time I ever said it.

"I'll see you around" she said and like that she was gone.