Start Fresh

Chloe

Today is the day that I get to see Steven again! I finally ended stuff with Dalvin before he left for his tour yesterday, So I don't have to worry about him on my plate anymore.

Where the hell are my shoes I thought to myself.

"There they go" I said to myself quickly putting on my boots. Steven should be here any minute now. He said he wanted to go for breakfast, and of course I agreed.

The doorbell rang and my heartbeat sped up just a little. I checked myself out again in the mirror and smiled at what I saw. I left my room and went downstairs to get the door. I took a big breath before I opened the door.

Steven looked good as all hell! He had on dark blue jeans, a white beater, with a plaid shirt tied around his waist. His black boots even looked good too. His muscles had me daydreaming about the last time.

"Hi Chole" he said smiling a little.

"Hi Steven" I said smiling like a little school girl.

"I like the change of your hair. It looks dope on you" he said touching it.

You better stop before this turns into something else I thought.

"Thanks. So where we about to head to" I asked him. I closed the door and we headed down the block.

"I wanna go to Ihop. Nothing serious but I thought it would be cool" he said shrugging.

I nodded "Sounds good to me" I said. Ihop isn't that far from here and I don't mind the walk - as long as it isn't awkward.

----------------

Laughter was the only thing coming from Steven and I as we finally took our seats.

"What you plan on getting" he asked reviewing the menu.

"Pancakes, sausages, and bacon. The usual" I said shrugging.

"I think I'll have pancakes and bacon with orange juice" Steven said and put his menu down.

I simply nodded but didn't look up at him.

"So Chole, can we actually have that conversation now" he asked.

I still didn't look up at him and tried to zone him out but it wasn't working. He touched my hand and finally caught my attention.

God please do not let me ruin my chances with this boy as we have this conversation. Amen.

"What you wanna talk about" I asked giving a nervous smile.

"You and Dalvin" he said with a disgusted look and sat back while removing his hand from mine.

Of course you do

"What about us" I asked sitting back in my seat too.

"Why? Why did you cheat on me with him? Wasn't I good enough for you - better yet, to you? Did I do something to you? I need an explanation" he said in a serious tone.

I sighed and looked him in the eyes. I really didn't have an explanation for him, but I was gonna try my best to come up with some form of the truth.

"Well firstly, you were - are good enough for me. You didn't do anything to me Steven. I was just so caught up in Dalvin because he was there and I had feelings, and strong feelings for him. I mean I'm not proud of what I was doing behind your back. I'm truly sorry about everything! And I never wanted to hurt you and I was gonna tell you about it - eventually. Secondly, if it makes it any better, I ended things with him. You don't have to worry about him coming around anymore. I'm really and truly sorry" I pleaded.

He sat there and took in everything that I had to say. He didn't say anything to me after that and he still didn't say anything to me after we ordered.

"Aren't you gonna say anything" I asked feeling ashamed and somewhat unwanted.

"What made you end things with him" he asked staring into my soul.

I swallowed hardly before responding.

What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he hates me?! What if he gets up and walk out after I tell him this?

"I ended it because I told him how I truly felt about you" I told him which is technically the truth.

"Which is how" he asked leaning closer to me.

"That I'm in love with you and that I made a mistake. That I can't be with him and that your the person I really want to be with. So I had to end it" I finally told him looking away.

I felt the seat next to me dip in and I felt his chest against my back. I turned around his face was now pressed against mine. I slowly pressed my lips against his and it took awhile, but he finally kissed me back.

When we pulled apart he moved back over to his seat. I looked at him as the waitress placed our food in front of us.

"So what does that mean" I asked cutting my food up.

He just looked at me and shrugged. "It means whatever you want it to mean" he retorted.

Now I'm even more confused

I ate my food silently and just decided not to bring the kiss back up unless he did.