Bonding Time

JoJo

Nichloe and Jarid, Monae siblings were over today. "What's up y'all" I said greeting them. "Hey" they greeted dryly. "How old are y'all now" I asked trying to hold a conversation.

"Sixteen" Jarid said

"Fourteen" Nichloe said.

"So where Monae taking y'all" I asked. "I'm taking everyone ice skating. That means you too Joel" she said cutting her eyes at me. I simply nodded and followed behind her. We exited the house and hopped into her 1994 BMW series 3 car. I sat in the passenger while Nichole and Jarid sat in the back.

"We really going ice skating? I ain't really feelin that" Jarid said looking annoyed. "You might meet a cute girl there Jay. I might have to check her but yeah" Monae said. Jarid laughed a little and shook his head. "If there ain't no cute girls there, drop me to the nearest party aight" he said.

"You don't wanna spend time with ya big sis" Monae asked pretending to be offended. "I do sometimes but just know" he said nodding. "What rink we going to anyway" Nichole said. "Abe Stark in Brooklyn" she said.

"Brooklyn bound!"" Nichloe cheered.

"Brooklyn parties, Brooklyn girls" Jarid said listing things.

For the rest of the hour and a half ride, we all just talked and laughed. It was a goof ride and Monae seemed to be opening up to me again. We finally made it into the rink. We got our skates on and made our way onto the ice.

"Baby got back" Jarid said and started chasing after the girl. I laughed a little and shook my head. "I'm gonna ask that cutie over there to help me" Nichloe said. I helped into the rink. "I could teach you" I offered. She looked me up and down. "I said cutie not oldie" she retorted.

Monae busted out laughing as I stood there with my mouth open. "Besides, you have Monae to keep you busy" she said making her way slowly around the rink. I got on the ice and Monae followed suit.

I grabbed her hand and we slowly made our way around the rink, tumbling here and there. "Don't make me fall Joel" she said and I rolled my eyes. "Your not gonna fall Monae" I told her in the same tone. "Mhm" she said slowing the pace as if we could go any slower than we already were.
*********

After an hour of skating, we left and made our way to Dominoes, because everyone was in the mood for pizza and buffalo wings.

"Finally! I was starving" Jarid said.

"Me too" Nichloe said eating one of her buffalo wings.

"I'm tired" Monae said rubbing her eyes.

"Well I had other plans in mind when we got back home" I said. Monae rolled her eyes at me and shook her head no. "You think jewelry, a dinner, ice skating, and this" she said pointing to the food "Is gonna make up for the shit you did" she asked cutting her eyes at me.

"No, but I thought it would at least help" I told her. "Material things don't heal a broken heart Joel. I want you and ALL of you to myself. If any girl can get what's only suppose to be mine, then I don't want it" she said and excused herself.

"Let's take this home"  I told the kids.

"She really does love you but you keep fucking up. And I don't like seeing my sister going through the same ole bullshit. You don't keep hurting someone you supposedly love, continuously Joel. Get ya shit together mane" Jarid said seriously and left.

I laughed a little "Did a sixteen year old just give me advice" I asked out loud to myself.

"He did and he's right. If I were my sister, I would of left a long time ago. You seem like you're in love with her but you don't wanna let go of the single life" Nichloe said.

I got up from my seat and followed her out of Dominoes. We all got into the car and it was awkwardly silent. I started the car and made my way down the block. I turned on the radio and Toni Braxton - Love Shoulda Brought You Home was playing.

This is gonna be a long car ride home I thought.

A|N: When is JoJo gonna learn? A woman is only gonna put up with so much until she reaches her breaking point. Enjoyed the chapter? Vote and comments would be nice. Thanks for reading!!