Go With The Flow

Monae

So someone came up with the bright idea of throwing Savannah and Jade a "Welcome Back Home" party. I doubt they want a damn party for us trying to save our own damn lives! But I'm just gonna go with the flow.

"Just shut the hell up and get into the fucking car" I yelled irritated.

"Someone is on their period" Jojo said as everyone else laughed.

I rolled my eyes and started the car and put on my seat belt ready to drive away without everyone in it. No I'm not on my period - I just don't wanna be stuck in a car with Jojo. I'm fine with Dalvin and Chole though.

"So where are we going first" Chole asked.

"I found a club called Jenks Club. It's not too bad and the prices are good" Dalvin said. We all nodded our heads.

"Anyone bought decorations yet" I asked. No one answered.

"Guess we'll go check that out after" I said driving onto the highway.

"Did anyone called other family and friends to tell then about the party" I asked.

"I started but have a whole lot more to go" Chole said.

"So Dalvin and JoJo, y'all don't do anything" Chole asked annoyed.

"Girl please we the ones who came up with the whole idea. So what you talking about" Dalvin asked looking annoyed by her question.

"Boy please I ain't tryna argue with ya ass" She retorted.

I finally pulled up to the club. Chole and Dalvin let themselves out to go check it out. I was left alone in the car with JoJo. I turned the radio on and started rapping along wit Dr.Dre to California Love.

Now let me welcome everybody to the wild, wild west
A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
The track hits ya eardrum like a slug to ya chest
Pack a vest for your Jimmy in the city of sex
We in that sunshine state where that bomb ass hemp be
The state where ya never find a dance floor empty
And pimps be on a mission for them greens
Lean mean money-makin-machines servin fiends
I been in the game for ten years makin rap tunes
Ever since honeys was wearin sassoon

I was almost at the end when JoJo turned the volume down and I snapped my neck in his direction.

"Why would you do that" I asked looking at him confused.

"I wanna talk to you about the party" he told me.

"Ok. What about it" I asked avoiding his eyes.

"I know a spot where we could go to be the decorations. And how come you don't wanna be apart of the celebration" he asked.

"Sounds good, we'll go check it out. And I am part of it - Just might not be in attendance" I told him honestly.

"Yea but why" he asked persisting.

This is gonna be a long ass ride I thought looking at him through the rear-view mirror.

"I don't feel like celebrating my best friends and I escaping death when it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Are you satisfied with that" I said looking out the window.

Chole and Dalvin were walking towards the car and I thanked God for rescuing me out of this situation I was about to get into.

The car door opened and then slammed closed after they got in. "So how did it go" I asked starting the car.

"It's a nice spot. We put a down payment, so we should be good" Dalvin said. I nodded and reserved out of the parking spot and headed towards the highway again.

I looked through the mirror and saw JoJo watching me and I looked away. But as we made around each errands we kept making eye contact. This is gonna get very complicated in the time coming.

*Photo Cred to owner*