Different

Jade

I finally made it home yesterday and everything feels different. Ever since I woke up in that hospital bed, My while perspective on life changed. I realized that life is too short and I need to learn to live more. I need to have more fun but also pay more attention. Don't let my guard down - That especially!

"MOMMY" Jay screamed coming down the stairs.

"Hi baby" I said picking him up and gently placing him on my lap.

"You okay" he asked giving me a sad face.

"I will be soon baby. And guess what" I asked.

"What" he asked excitedly.

"You still wanna go to Disney World" I asked.

He started cheering and gave me a tight hug afterwards. "Yes, I go" he said.

I smiled at him and then kissed his forehead. K-Ci finally came out of the kitchen with my food and sat it on the coffee table.

"Come here little man, let mommy eat" he said taking Jay.

"I wonder what you surprised me with today" I said looking at him with wondering eyes.

"I made ya favorite" he told me bouncing Jay on his lap.

I removed the lid from my plate and seen pancakes, bacon, hash browns, sausages, and orange juice. My mouth started to water.

"Thank you baby! This looks so good" I said as he placed the tray of food on my lap. I started devouring my meal while my boys watched.

"Calm down before you choke or something Jade" K-Ci told me.

I drank some of my orange juice and then went back to devouring my food.

"How you feeling babe" He asked.

"How you feel mommy" Jay asked.

I laughed at how cute he is. "I'm alright I guess. I have you guys to get me through this - So can't complain" I told them partially telling the truth.

"So the boys want to throw y'all a late welcome home party. How that sounds to you" he asked.

"For me and Savannah" I asked not really liking the idea.

"Where specifically" I asked nervously.

"We haven't picked a location yet" he said.

"I go too" Jay asked looking in between us. I nodded my head at him.

"As long as it ain't at Savannah house then I'm down with it. I'm not ready to go back there yet" I admitted.

K-Ci looked at me with sad eyes. "Aight I'll let them know" he told me. I just simply nodded.

I don't think I'll be going back there anytime soon I thought while finishing my food.