new problems

Seeing the obstacle before him holding a weapon Typhon bared his teeth and prepared to attack however its instincts told it otherwise however despite his instincts warning him of the danger the Beast's newly formed consciousness told him to Push on, after these obstacles are taken care of he will be rewarded with a buffet of food.

and Typhon for the first time he acted in a way that did not follow his instincts or, rather, he ignored his instincts and threw himself at the enemy.

Hephaestus held Excalibur in hand and looked at his enemy with a neutral expression on his face as it flew toward his direction.

Excalibur glowed a golden hue, and Hephaestus ducked down as Typhon swung a fist at him, aiming for the face.

The fist flew over his head, but Typhon followed up with a knee Kick, an oddly calculated move for a hardly conscious creature, Hephaestus jumped back to avoid the knees.

An odd sense of excitement creeped onto his heart as he flew back, and Typhon chased him, Using the wild dreadlock-like hair, Typhon extended them and used them like whips

*Whoopah* whoopah*

The whips lashed out at Hephaestus, but they did nothing to him as he expertly dodged them with ease, jumping and ducking and twisting his body appropriately and avoiding the whip attack.

"nggrrrr"

The beast let out a growl of frustration at its own unsuccessful attempt at grabbing its opponent. Its eyes glowed a bright golden color before a golden beam of energy shot from its eyes aimed straight at Hephaestus.

"interesting"

Stated the godking as he held Excalibur upright and deflecting the beam, he could feel the golden beam heat up the swords blade, informing him that the temperature of the beam was as hot at the flame he had used earlier, plus not to mention he noticed that beam was highly concentrated sunlight/ sun energy which was something that was tied to Apollo's divinity of the sun.

'I'm going to have to talk to Apollo about this'

He thought, as he glanced around searching for Aphrodite, but it looked like she had left. Which was good because it seemed that whatever this thing was, it was getting stronger.

Seeing its attack deflect, Typhon once again threw himself at Hephaestus, however this time, his speed was faster, something Hephaestus took note of as he suddenly had to dodge another punch to his face.

The speed and swiftness of the punch were faster than before, and he knew the power behind that punch was also incredibly amped. This told Hephaestus he needed to get rid of this thing before it got any stronger.

Until now, he has been trying to see if it had any possible weakness to exploit should both the prison realm and Excalibur not work, but it looks like that might take longer.

*WHAM!*

With a swift kick at its stomach sent it flying back and Hephaestus gave chase and arrived before it and tightly held up Excalibur and the sword glowed, letting out a bright golden energy beam that pierced through the skies before Hephaestus swung down.

Typhon was given little time to react as the concentrated mana expelled and accelerated by Excalibur slammed on its body, tore it apart and obliterated, trying to turn itself into mist was useless as the beam destroyed anything in its path.

Hephaestus let the sword's energy run for a full minute, ensuring that his opponent was dead before letting it subside and stop. Returning the blade into its natural state.

"hopefully that was the last of that"

He stated that, unfortunately, his statement was jinxed.

*BOOM!!*

A loud explosion shook the very ground he stood on and startled him, turning his head towards the direction of the sound. He saw a figure fly towards him.

"Nike?"

He raised a brow in confusion, the titan of victory spun the air, landed on the ground with both feet, and slid back as she slowly lost momentum.

Looking at Nike, Hephaestus saw that she wasn't hurt, but it was clear that something happened.

"Bastard!"

The titaness shouted in anger as he stood up straight and raised her gist high in anger. It was clear her anger was directed at someone else.

"Nike, what's going on?"

"My King!"

Nike turned to look at Hephaestus as soon as she heard his voice

"it's Apollo he has betrayed Olympus"

.....

"What's the meaning of this Apollo!!"

Hesitate shouted as her and Aphrodite as well as Aphrodite were surrounded by a horde of gods and goddesses, all controlled by Apollo, there was a smooth melody in the air, a telling fact that Apollo had somehow managed to control the citizens of Olympus using music.

"you could say I'm getting my revenge. Although I didn't expect you to resist my muse hypnosis, you're stronger than expected"

Apollo stated as he floated above them. After Aphrodite began fighting that thing, he figured that it would be the perfect time to get his revenge on Hephaestus.

He just needed her to defeat that creature and he'd swoop in and finish her off, he was counting on the fact that Nike would probably be tired as well since she would no doubt help Aphrodite fight, meaning she'd be weak enough to fall for his hypnosis.

With that in mind he decided to go where the citizens would be kept and wait, however when Aphrodite came back stating that Hephaestus was taking care of that beast he decided it was time to enact his plan.

Unfortunately Nike was fresh and ready to go and he knew she would be troublesome to deal with, so he instead used his hypnosis on the citizens as well as anyone else around and now various gods and goddesses were under his spell including Goddesses like Demeter.

With a surprise attack, he managed to get rid of Nike, the only person he believed would be an obstacle. He didn't really consider that Hestia would be able to resist his hypnosis.

"Revenge? What has Olympus done to you for you to do this?"

"ask you husband and when you die here, you can only blame him"

He informed her and Aphrodite could not help but let out a sigh of tiredness. It seemed like everything was going wrong for some reason.

....

Meanwhile, in Thessaly, Hercules was seated on a tree stump near the crater he had formed during his battle with that monster.

Diomedes and the rest of the people were celebrating his perceived Victory, however Hercule felt differently. He was certain he did not wish that fight, and he believed that beast would come again.

"I need strength"

He stated firmly, the words he spoke caused his body to glow a bright golden light as if there was something that responded to his words.

For the most part, he did not believe that he could defeat a god in combat. Diomedes' plan to revolt against the gods was flawed and doomed to fail however, he did not need to fight the gods he just needed the strength to have them listen to the pleas of the humans.

He agreed with Diomedes for the most part however he disagreed with the idea that the Gods were the bad guys. What happened to Diomedes was just an unfortunate accident.

"hopefully everything goes well"

He said and stood up from the tree stump before Dusting himself off and jogged back towards the town, though there's some destruction, right now the people are celebrating and he needed to at least have a few drinks too.

.....