Chapter 27: Iris

Author Note: Hey, guys. I keep asking for your opinions, but no one answers, please do! I love feedback! Check out the link, (it's my favorite song) :) :* P.S- If you need an editor, message me!

Chapter 27- Iris

“Don’t open your eyes!” Keene shouted happily, driving us to… I don’t know where.

“Okay. Wait, we’re not going to Taylorsville are we?” I utter.

“No! Of course not! You really think I’d pick somewhere so generic?” He objects.

I shrugged.

“Okay, open your eyes.” He says.

I obey, and see nothing except the inside of the car.

“Okay, so what am I looking at?” I ask, turning to Keene, but he wasn’t there. My door opened, and Keene swooped me up into his arms.

“Why do you carry me so much?” I question happily.

He shrugged, “Its fun.”

He carried me forwards as we both laughed joyously. I sat in his arms, and the sound of water crashing somewhere off in the distance was present. I blankly stared at Keene, asking where we were.

“Hawaii.” He replied, raising his eyebrows and half smiling smugly.

“We’re in Hawaii?” I could feel the corners of my mouth twitching into a smile.

“Yeah.” He nodded appreciativley.

I stared back at him, embracing his features in the moonlight. His copper eyes were liquid and soft.

He smirked dotingly. For an instant, I would’ve liked to just stayed there.

We approached a beach house with floor-to-ceiling windows. He opened the door with his right hand, and threw our luggage on the floor with his left.

There wasn’t one wall that wasn’t a window. There was a white leather couch in the middle of the room, with a table in front of it. Keene gently set me down on the floor; my bare feet hit the hardwood.

“So, is it just us out here?” I ask, looking around as Keene put our suitcases in the corner.

“Yeah… well, the closest town is thirty miles away.” He informs me. I nod.

“So…” he extended his arms towards me, and wrapped me in them, he ran his lips below my neck to my collar bone, kissing me softly in between words, “we’re here… alone.”

He pulled me in, so there was no space between us.

My heart pounded audibly against my ribcage.

I automatically registered his words… I knew this was coming, I had no excuse to be surprised….

“Okay, you’ve just gotta… give me a minute.” I request.

He nods, “Whatever you need.” He presses his lips to my neck and walks into the bedroom. I just noticed that an iris was sitting in a vase on the table; it calmed me for a spilt second. It reminded me of home.

Without a thought, the nerves set in. I don’t know if I was nervous about being naked in front of Keene, or if I was just uneasy about doing…“it”.

Very slowly, I walked into the bathroom, then shut and locked the door behind me. I blew out a breath and ran to the mirror.

I stared into my own eyes; I knew deep down that I was fearful, and that I thought my own insecurities would reflect in Keene’s eyes. I shook that away. I grabbed my toothbrush and lined it with toothpaste, then cleaned my teeth. I frowned at myself, the curls were falling out, but I didn’t worry about that; Keene prefered when I wore my hair down straight, like normally. I brushed it out, straightening it. I wiped the lipstick and eyeshadow off, leaving only eyeliner, mascara, and foundation… just the way Keene- and I- liked it, as little makeup as possible.

I do have to admit, I was just as excited as I was scared about tonight. I squealed to myself and did a little dance… celebrating my last night as a virgin.

I pulled myself together, and after shaving my legs- only to reassure myself- I headed for the bedroom. I walked through the living room, and then into our room.

Keene’s beaming face greeted me. He heaved himself to his feet and pulled my chest against his.

The lights were off, and the glass double doors in front of our bed were open, the wind pulled the curtains outwards while the breeze danced into the room. His fingers smoothed the glower on my face.

“What is it?” He whispered.

I shook my head at the floor, “Just nervous… that’s all.” I affirm.

“Don’t be.” He breathed.

His lips traced from my mouth down to my chest. My breathing accelerated. His hands wrapped around my back, unzipping my dress with caution. He continued to kiss my upper body as he took the dress off of me. I slid his tuxedo jacket off of his body, and unbuttoned his shirt and threw his tie behind me. I pealed the shirt off of his shoulders and traced his abs with the tip of my finger.

I pressed my palm to his heart, as he undressed me, kissing his jawline from time to time. I unbuttoned his pants and he tore of the rest of his clothing.

We slid into the sheets of our bed, Keene twirled his fingers between mine, then down my wrist, all over my arm until he reached my neck. His fingers ran down my chest, to my stomach.

I brushed the ends of my fingers along his bottom lip, and around his ear, making my way to his chin.

He kissed my lips, and pressed my forehead to his, we breathed each other in. He continued to kiss my stomach as I ran my hands through his hair.