Chapter 26: Forever

Author's Note: 

So, sorry about the wait! I love you! Check out the link to Kameene's love song! And also here's a link to what inspired this chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tokxcbu_Uo

Chapter 26: Forever 

“Roses or lillies?”

“You’re the bride.”

“Yes, but this is our wedding.”

“Well, all I have to do is show up, but… I like lillies.”

I scowl him. Lillies are not an option. They do not match. Our centerpieces are supposed to be roses.

“But, roses are better.” He says, almost a question. I nod in approval. Lying in bed with scraps of magazines and papers all over me isn’t exactly how I planned to spend the two months before my wedding… then again,  I didn’t plan on spending nineteen days in the hospital either.

I stared at Keene, waiting for him to say something.

I don’t like the silence because it screams the truth.

He watched me with waiting looks, noticing my thoughts through my eyes. He could read me so well.

“You should probably get some sleep, love.” He says.

“But, I’m not tired.” I object.

He laughs to himself. “You are so stubborn.”

Sleep weighed down on my eyelids. “Please?” He begs. I yawned and shook my head.

He wrapped his hand around my hip, and pulled my body into his, then layed my head on his chest.

“You don’t have a choice now.” He smiles smugly.

I gave up and pressed my forehead into his neck.

I thought about all the decisions I had made in the past week: roses-not lillies-would be our centerpieces, we would get married at Natural Bridge State Park Resort in Slade, and the colors of the wedding would be red, white, and blue. And we’d wed on the fourth of July. If it wasn’t apparent, Jill had planned a large portion of this wedding.

“Kamie, try on this dress.” Juliet says, holding out a pink cocktail dress. I hate going to bridal stores. Actually, I hate going to stores in general. And bridal shopping-along with regular shopping- sucked.

“Um, Juliet… that’s not a wedding dress, and the only people who would wear that live in Pepto Bismol land.” I say.

She sighs and sets down on the white leather couch in the middle of the large dressing room. In front of the couch were 3 changing stalls.

The room had boring white walls with random photos of brides on them, and the floors were hardwood. Two mirrors were across from each other on opposite walls. Jillian and Juliet were the first ones to try on dresses.

Jill came out of the changing stall wearing a strapless blue mini dress that was the length of the top of her chest to her thighs. It was skin tight, but looked amazing on her stick-like frame.

She walked over to the mirror and looked at herself.

“Whoa. If I wasn’t myself, I’d totally tap that.” She says.

She turns to me and pouts with heavy exaggeration.

“Kamie…” she skips over to the empty seat next to me, “you are my bestest friend-y in the whole wide world. Can I pretty please with cherries and ice cream and sprinkles on top wear this to your wedding?”