Chapter 32: I Won't Give Up

Chapter 32: I Won’t Give Up   

The morning sun poured through our window. Not once did I fall asleep last night. Keene had me too worried. He nuzzled his forehead into the pillow; I knew he was awake.

“Morning,” I said, even though it was two o’clock.

“Morning,” he muttered.

“How are you?” I asked.

He rolled over to stare at me, the tears swelled in his eyes.

“Will you kill me, please?”

I shook my head, “I’m definetly not doing.”

He sat up, I did the same as we learned back on our pillows.

“I just wish I could’ve said, or done more.” He uttered, saddened as he stared down at the comforter.

“Keene, you did the right thing, okay? You knew how it ended, and you didn’t want to sit around and watch.”

“Leaving my father on his death bed was the right thing?” He snarled.

I rolled my eyes, “It’s not like you left him there alone. You’re sister was there, she took care of him.”

He groaned angrily and put his hands over his face. “God, I feel so moronic!” He shouted into his palms.

“Hey, don’t beat yourself up, okay? You know why?” I egged.

He threw his hands down onto the matress. “Why?”

“Because you’re amazing…” I placed a kiss on his chin, “and smart…” I pressed my lips on his neck, “and handsome...” I gently kissed his cheek, “and and you have a great heart.” I moved my lips with his, tangling my hands in hair, his hands wrapped around my waist.

To may dismay, the kiss ended to fast. We breathed heavily, staring into each other’s eyes. There was a still moment, and then he cradled my face in his hands, pulling my lips back onto his.

We pulled the blanket over our heads.

       _______________________________________________

This time was better than last time. Maybe it’s because I was nervous last time, but this time… wow.

This afternoon hadn’t even compared to our honeymoon night.

I changed my clothes, putting on a pair of jeans, and an Aeroposatle t-shirt.

I brushed my hair and teeth and put my makeup on the after my shower. Keene was sitting on the couch when I walked into the living room.

He was extremely somber. “What is it?” I knew something else had happened while I was in the bathroom.

He sighed, “My dad’s… funeral…” he grimaced at the word, “it’s tomorrow. Quinna just called.”

I sat down next to him.

“Okay, I’ll come with you. I’ll stay with you and I’ll hold your hand.” I assured him.

He gently reached up and cradled my face in his hand, then slowly pressed his lips to mine, moving in sync with me.

He bit my bottom lip as he pulled away.

He left me breathless and wanting more.

“Are trying to turn me on?” I ask, panting.

He nodded slowly, “Is it working?”

I thought for a second, “Yes.”

I grabbed a hold of his baby blue shirt, pulling his lips back on to mine.