Chapter 42 pt. 1, Clubbing

There's a knock at the door, and I run to answer it as I pull the shoulder up over a dress.
"Coming!"
I whip open the door while frantically throwing on pieces of clothing, and pretend to be confident.
"I'm ready to go."
She looks at me as if I had just said something extremely dumb.
"What? Too revealing?" I ask.
"Are you kidding me? You're wearing the dress that you wore to Aunt Jessica's funeral. That is a funeral dress.We aren't going to a funeral. We're going to a club."
"Oye. Don't disrespect the dress. It's multipurpose, and fully functional."
She sighs.
"Come here."
She leads me into the kitchen, and pulls out the scissors.
"Um...What are you doing?"
"Relax! You're so tense. I'm just cutting your tag off. It's sticking out."
"Oh, thanks."
Snip.
She grabs the ripped back strap to the dress and pulls it to the front.
"Now, it's not fully functional."
I scoff. "Seriously Wren? That was a nice dress."
"Seriously Cath? That was a grandma dress. Lucky for you, I was fully prepared for this, and brought you some clothes that belonged to yours truly."
I gasp dramatically. "Grandma???"
"Ha Ha, very funny. My clothes, obviously. Now, go upstairs, take that dress off, burn it, and then we'll get you dressed in some real clothes."

Looks like I might have some fun tonight.

🙌👇Sorry! Short chapter, but I had a spark of inspiration. Don't worry you guys. I won't be delaying my writing any more. I had a rough patch in my life where I sort of transformed into a person I didn't know. But don't worry, the old me is coming back. Slowly, but surely. Love you all. Please share this story with others and bring the popularity back. I'm back baby, and I ain't goin nowhere this time. ✌️