Chapter 8

Cath jotlted into a sitting position, ripping off all of the chords attatched to her.

"NO! NO! WREN! NO!" 

She was screaming bloody murder.

Levi immidiatley grabbed both of her arms and restrained her. "LEVI WHAT ARE YOU DOING! SHE'S DEAD! SHE'S DEAD, GOD DAMNIT!"

He pulled her back into bed, and although she stopped struggling, she was panting hard.

They were sitting on the edge of the bed, facing Wren. 

She was fine.

"But... The nightmare... It felt so real...."

"Shhhh. It's okay. I've got you. It's okay." One of his hands was stroking her hair, the other lay softly on her lower back. Levi pulled her into his embrace, and she buried her face into his neck.

She began sobbing uncontrollably, knowing that in a few minutes, half the hospital staff would be in their room, frantically giving her shots and sedating her. Was she going crazy? Was she turning into her dad?

Levi sunk back into the bed, and gestured for her to lay down. "C'mere." He gently supported her while she leaned back into a laying position, and she curled up to him. He pulled the soft hospital covers over them, keeping her toes warm. Thank god the gown she was wearing didn't have a gap in the booty area. usually they have a circle and leave your butt to the breeze.

"Here." Levi handed her a book, and it was familiar. Simon Snow and the Mage's Hare. 

"Thank you."

She pushed all her thoughts aside, clinging to the last bits of normal that was left in her life.

Levi and Simon Snow.

Then the nurses came rushing in, and they slammed a needle into her arm. Surprisingly, They let Levi lay there. 

And then, once again, she drifted off into blackness.