Chapter 31

I don't know whether to go bitch this woman out, or just ask her why she's here. I'd rather not make a fool of myself.

I start walking over to her, when a handsome young man sits down next to her. I keep walking anyway, and sit down next to her on the other side.

"Why are you here?" I ask her in a serious tone. I wouldn't be surprised if she notices me. My dad probably showed her lots of pictures.

This just fuels my anger.

She looks a bit confused. I think she recognizes me, but she's just trying to cover it up for her sexy man friend. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I think you know good and well who I am."

She looks over to her friend, and purses her lips.

"Jesse, I'll be right back. Stay here." She stands up, and starts walking. "Walk with me."

I get up and follow her.

"Your father is a very sick man, Cather. He was also way to attached. I tried to let him down easy, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. We'd only been dating for about three months. Eventually I met someone. I was going to tell him, but he discovered my....unfaithfulness before I could."

This woman is ridiculous.

"Do you honestly think you were being unfaithful, or are you just saying that because you feel it necessary? Do you pity my father? Why did you even come? What's in this for you?" I have so many questions for this ignoramus.

"I came because I feel guilty. It's my fault that your father had the episode. The least I can do is visit him."

"No." I shake my head. "You know what would make all of us happy? Hm? Do you?" I ask her.

"What? Anything." She pretends to care.

"Leave, and don't come back. Oh, and take your boyfriend with you."

I'm already walking away when she asks, "Arthur?"

"No." I whip around. "Jesse."

I walk back to my Father's hospital room, knowing that I'll happily never see that bitch again.

Levi meets me outside the door.

I run up to him,
and he hugs me tightly. I breathe in his beguiling scent as he gently strokes my hair.

"You did the right thing." He tells me.

My life has been so busy lately. I just never know what's going to happen. I know I'm ready to marry Levi. I already know he's the love of my life. But I'm definitely not ready for a baby. I haven't really gotten the full college experience. I haven't gone to many parties, and I haven't really made any other friends. I'm not going to blame my family, because it's not their fault. Besides, Christmas is coming up, and I want to be with the people I love for the holidays.

Sorry, this was a filler chapter. My writing is getting extremely rusty! Prepare yourselves for Christmas mush and holiday cheer! That's coming soon. I'm so tired idek what I'm writing so I'm really sorry if my writing sucks. I'm sorry if it's sucked lately too I just need to put in more effort. Love ya and merry Christmas! 😘