Chapter 32 - Christmas eve

I got so wrapped up in everything going on, I nearly forgot about Christmas. Today is Christmas Eve.

Wow.

Christmas was always my favorite holiday growing up, and not because of the presents. It was mostly because my dad would actually stay home from work and spend time with us.

It would be the best damn day of the year.

Levi and I are in his truck, driving to target. We're gunna get one of those cute little trees that light up and everything, and we're gunna put it in our hotel room. We want to have Christmas, even if it's not at home.

Shit.

Speaking of home, Levi's not going home for Christmas. I totally forgot. He's been so wrapped up in my family issues that he can't even go home for Christmas.

I can't tell if I'm becoming a selfish bitch because I'm pregnant, or just because. Or maybe I'm not a selfish bitch, and I'm just hating on myself.

•••

We pick out the cutest little tree - not too small, but medium size - small enough to fit in the truck with our luggage, but big enough to hang ornaments + a star.

Thinking about that just gave me an idea.

"Hey Levi," I call him over.

I stand in front of the ornament wall, and pick one with a little adorable baby angel on it.

"This one."

He looks at me, confused. "I don't follow."

"The souvenir of our first road trip together!" I jump up, and try to be exited.

"That's adorable." He nods toward the ornament.

"Yay! Okay, let's go set up the tree."

I brought some pretty bulb ornaments to go on the rest of the tree - ones that don't symbolize anything, that way our souvenir'll have all the attention on the tree. We ring it up, and take it back to our hotel, which I have not yet seen.

We pull into the parking lot of a 5 star hotel.

It's sort of lodge style, but super fancy. Traditional lights line the rooftops, defining the area where the building switches to horizon.

"Wow." I say as we pull into the parking lot. "It's really pretty."

"Wait until you see the inside," Levi says excitedly.

We walk inside the hotel, and a man is already waiting at the door to take our luggage. I give Levi a wide-eyed look, and nod my head a little.

I have to say I'm impressed.

"May I take your luggage ma'am?" He politely asks.

"Yes sir, you may!" I say excitedly.

I turn to Levi, and give him a big hug. "You didn't have to do this." I whisper in his ear.

He brushes his lips against my ear, and whispers back. "I wanted to."

I feel obligated to wipe my feet, as if I took one step onto the carpet with my dirty shoes, it would be a crime.

"Levi Stewart and Cather Avery, right this way."

He knows our names already.

Fancy.

We step into the elevator, and he presses the button for us with his gloved hand.

"It's great to have you back Levi. We haven't seen you in a very long time."

Wait..what? They know each other?

"I know, i miss this place."

After small conversation and awkward remembrances, we finally reach our hotel room.

The man offered to take my stuff in for me, but I'd rather take it in myself.

I grab my luggage from the carrier and throw it onto my bed, along with myself, and take a deep breath. It feels like my life is moving in slow motion. Like I'm living everyone else's life, and not my own. The problem is, I just don't know what to do about it. Putting up the mini tree we got would take too much of my energy right now, so I'll do it tomorrow. I brush my teeth and throw myself into my bed. Before I can say goodnight to Levi, I drift into a calm, comfortable sleep.

Sorry my writing is so sucky rn. I'm going to read more so that my skills sharpen, because there is no denying that my writing was ten times better in the first 3 chapters, when I actually read books. I promise I'll improve👍😊😘 happy holidays, and try to enjoy going back to school(: