Chapter 2

THESE CHARACTERS BELONG TO RAINBOW ROWELL. Give me feedback please! :)

Cath tore through her closet, grabbing her coat from the back. Cath had written about 500 words of Carry on, Simon earlier, and must have fallen asleep. Wren probably left around then.

Damn it, Cath thought, this is all my fault. if i had just been watching her... This wouldn't have happened. 

She shoved on her snow  boots, just as her phone buzzed.

"Hello?" Cath tried to hide the worry in her voice, and was failing immensely.

"Hey Cather. I'm downstairs."

"Okay."

"Okay. See you in a few?

"Okay."

Cath shoved her phone, keys, and scarf into her bag and ran out the door. While she was waiting at the elevator, girls were running around the hallways, screaming and giggling. Cath sucked in a breath when one had almost knocked her over. Thankfully, the girl just shot right past her and bolted into her room. They didn't need another hospital visit.

Once Cath finally got an elevator and made it to the lobby, (It was Saturday night, so either everyone was leaving or having a sleepover) she jumped into Levi's arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and he started carrying her to his truck. He was wearing his favorite red plaid cowboy shirt with light, ripped jeans. He smelled like yummy cologne. She buried her face in his neck until they got to his truck. When Cath was with Levi she felt safe, and all of her problems seemed to slip away.

He opened the car door, gently sat her down on the passenger side, and hopped into the driver's seat. Actually, his legs were so long, he didn't even have to hop. He just put one leg up and then the other. 

Cath felt bad for asking him for help all the time. Even though she helped him with his school work sometimes, she felt like she called him every five minutes for some kind of stupid 'family emergency'  that ends up being Wren sending a text to the wrong person.

As they were driving, Cath started,

"Levi..." 

"Cather, before you say anything, don't apologize. I like and care about you alot, and it's my pleasure to take you wherever you need to go, or help you in any way. And don't be so hard on yourself, Sweetheart. I know you think it's your fault that she went out the deck door and got away, but it's not your fault. Wren makes her own decisions."   Levi was right.

How could Cath have known that Wren was going to try to get away? Wren had promised her that she wasn't going to drink any more. Wait... She said that she was with Courtney. Maybe Courtney took her from my room, Cath thought. Wren did have a large bruise on her face last time. Maybe Courtney doesn't just have a stupid side. Maybe she also has a bad side.

Did Levi just call me Sweetheart? Cath thought. She smiled, but only a little bit. She was too worried about Wren to be totally siked. (Did she really just say siked? Ew.)

Cath looked at Levi for the first time since they'd gotten in the car. His hair was spiked upwards in various places, making it obvious that he had been running his hands through it. 

"You're right," Cath admitted, "I need to calm down. it's wasn't my fault."

"Yeah. Its going to be fine." Levi reassured.

"I've been so caught up in everything with Wren and my Dad, that I haven' t gotten a chance to ask you how you are." It was true. Cath hadn't even asked Levi how he was, even though he was on her mind 24/7.

"As long as you're okay, I'm okay." Levi smiled and put his arm around Cath.

"Okay."

"Okay."