Chapter 26

"What?" He asks, smiling a little bit.

"You heard me."

There's a bit of a pause, and it's killing me. I don't know what he's gunna say.

"That's..that's great!" He stands up and lifts me with him, spinning me around.

"Wait..what? You're not mad?"

I thought he would be pissed that I was irresponsible with the pill and got pregnant. I switched the pill I was on and didn't tell him. I had forgotten, and it didn't seem to matter as long as I was on one.

"Why would I be mad? This is fantastic news! I'm gunna be a father!" He yells.

"Shhh! shhh!" I laugh and put my finger to my mouth. "We're in a library."

"Wow," he says. "Two great memories in one day."

"No, three." I correct him.

"What's the third?" he asks.

"Eating all this Chinese food."

We laugh.

"Let's go home." I say.

"Yeah, let's do."

We drive home, and I put the leftover Chinese in the fridge. I really didn't know how Levi would take the news, but I love how things turned out.

We lay on our bed that now has a bed frame, and face each other.

"So, what sex do you want the baby to be?" I ask, cuddling up next to him.

"I'll love the baby no matter what sex it is." he says.

"I know. I mean which would you prefer? Boy or girl?"

He thinks for a moment.

"Well...I don't know. I want a girl, but I feel like it would be great to have a boy first. So that our son can protect our younger daughter." he says.

"You're just saying that because I already told you that's what I want."

"No. Honestly, that's what I want, too."

"How are we ever going to choose a name? I'd hate for my kid to be the one who grows up with everyone telling him, "you look like a Derek."'

"I don't know." He replies. "When we see the baby's face, I'm sure you'll pick the perfect name."

I stare at him.

"Me? I'll pick the perfect name?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not picking the baby's name alone. You're helping me. I want you to help me choose."

"Really?" He asks.

"Really. I would never have it any other way."

"I'm thinking if it's a boy, Brady. If it's a girl, Kylie or Brandy. Or Avery for either sex." I say.

"I like them." He says. "Another boy name could be Parker." He suggests.

"I love Parker!" Parker is a great name. I hadn't thought of that before.

"Perfect."

Ew. Tomorrow is Wednesday, meaning I have to go to my afternoon classes. Yuck.

"I have school tomorrow." I tell him.

"I know. You'd better get some rest." He says.

"Night."

"Night."

"I Love you."

"I love you too, Cather."

I typed this super quick. School tomorrow. 😑 Love you guys. 😘