Chapter 27

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"SHUT THE F-"

"Cather!" Levi cracks up.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"I can't take it anymore. If that thing beeps one more time I swear I'll smash it!"

BEEP.

"AAAGGHH! Turn it off!"

He taps a button on the alarm clock, and it shuts off.

I smash my fists against my eyelids, already being woken up the rough way.

"WHO THE HELL INVENTED THAT GODFORSAKEN SANITY KILLER?!?!?"

"I don't know." He chuckles.

"What? What's so funny?"

"You're just so adorable when you're mad."

"Ha, ha." I roll my eyes.

"I have a new plan," I propose, "how about you wake up through that satanic alarm clock, and then you can wake me up?"

He nods. "Good plan."

"Let's go make some breakfast." I declare.

"Can't you not eat breakfast? I mean, cause of the pregnancy thing."

"I looked it up last night when I was trying to fall asleep, and it said that I can eat and stuff. Morning sickness is normal, but it's not just in the mornings. It's all day. And I could basically barf at any moment. Better not stand too close." I tease.

"I'll take my chances."

"Oh Gosh. I'm so nauseated but SO hungry."

"I'll make you some breakfast. So what if you barf it all back up? It's the healthy thing to do."

I laugh. "Ok."

I'm wearing gray sweatpants and a large baby blue t-shirt. My hair is put up in a loose bun, and two frizzy strands hang down from the sides of my head, tickling my cheeks.

"Ahhhh I don't want to go to school today." I slouch and stomp around, my pants pulled up to my chest. He chuckles, and flashes me one of his adorable grins as he leaves our bedroom. Our bedroom. Just the thought of sleeping in the same bed together makes me shiver with delight. I'm never going back to my own bed again.

The school day passes super quick, (for once) and I rush home to see my fiancé. I just realized that I haven't told anyone in my family that I'm getting married. Or that I'm pregnant.

I can handle that later.

Levi and I took a nap together in our wonderful bed, and it was great. I feel so refreshed. He just walked downstairs. I run around the corner, grabbing the doorframe as my socks slide across the hardwood floor.

"C'mere you big giraffe!" I run down the stairs and I'm about to jump on his back when I stop.

My mother is standing in the doorway, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry...do we know you?" Levi asks.

He doesn't know who she is.

"Levi, go upstairs please." I ask him nicely, but he knows I'm really telling him.

He reluctantly obeys.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I can feel the scowl on my face.

She tries to talk, but she's crying so much I can barely hear her.

"Stop crying! I can't hear you when you cry so much. Stop crying."

She wipes the tears off of her face, and takes some deep breaths.

"Sweetie..."

My Mother, Wren, and I had been going out to lunch to try to get to know each other for a while. It was going pretty well, too. About a month ago, she brought her boyfriend. He was really nice, but that wasn't the point. She promised not to bring him until we were comfortable with her. So, we just stopped trying. She never answered her phone, and we were sick of it. If we were close it wouldn't matter, but we haven't known her for the majority of our life. She should do whatever it takes to earn our respect.

"Don't. Don't you dare sweetie me."

She hesitates to speak.

"Just spit it out. Just say whatever you have to say this time."

"It-it's your Father, Cath. He's had an episode. He's at the hospital."

"Shit. Shit. shit." I mutter. "Go. Go. I'll meet you there."

"Levi!" I yell up the stairs. "We gotta go somewhere. Pack your overnight bag-I'll be right up."

Looks like my big news will just have to wait.

Sorry if this chapter was a bit mixed up. I'm just so tired and i wanted to spice it up a bit! I want to see EVERYONE commenting! Let's see if we can do it! Love you all! Don't forget to vote😘