Chapter 33 - Nightmare

"No! No!" I scream. "Don't take her. Please don't take her!" I beg in between sobs. "Please!"

I'm on my knees in the middle of a field, and a Giant towers over me. A beautiful baby girl with Levi's eyes is squirming in my arms, bawling its eyes out.

"You will never see your child again!" The Giant's voice reigns through the plains. He snatches my baby, and then a gargantuan foot stomps on me.

"NO!!!!!!!" I wake up screaming.

"Cather? Cather! What's wrong!?" Concern mixes in with the sluggish look in Levi's eyes ask he looks at me. The same eyes that my baby had.

"Oh..my..God!" I yell, sobbing. The tears stream down my cheeks non-stop. A pit fills my stomach.

"Did you have a nightmare??" He draws me in towards his chest and slowly combs through my hair with his fingers.

"Talk to me."

I tell him the whole horrid experience. How I finally gave birth to this wonderful human being, - this living, breathing, beautiful human being - how it was snatched from my arms; how I was stomped on.

How It was the worst nightmare I've ever had.

"Wow." Levi says. "That must have been so scary. I'm sorry, Cather." He continues to reassure me. "I'm sure it was just a dream. We have nothing to worry about. Our baby will be fine."

Somehow, I still can't shake the feeling that my baby is in danger.

I wipe the tears off of my cheeks, and take a look at my Betsy Johnson watch to see what time it is. "Thank god. It's only three o'clock." I say, relieved. I don't want to wake up on Christmas Day like this. It's time for my life to take a positive turn.

"Oh yeah! Thank god. Now Santa can still sneak in." He says, rubbing my shoulder.

I giggle, and drift back to sleep in Levi's arms.