Chapter 47

We arrived in la and his mom picked us up.
"I'm so happy you guys came!" She says
"It's nice to be in la again" I say.
We get to his moms house which I had never seen. It was a decent size with a huge gorgeous garden.
"Your garden is beautiful" I say
"Thank you, I've been working on it since before cameron was born" she says.
We go inside and cams mom was the typical mom. She had brought the picture books straight to me.
We sat on the couch and she showed me his baby pictures while he sat there with his hands covering his face.
"That's him with his first pet" she says pointing to a picture of cameron holding a bowl with a fish in it.
"His name was Martin" cam laughs.
"I have a meeting to go to, it'll be quick I promise, I'll be back later" cams mom smiles leaving the house.
We kept going through pictures until cameron just stops on a page and stares at it. A tear had slipped his eye...
"What's wrong?" I ask. He was staring at a picture of him and an older man.
"That was my grandpa.. When I was 6 my parents were always fighting and yelling, coming home drunk, breaking things.. The only person who cared about me was my grandpa" he says and my heart breaks. "Then after he died I was really depressed, I had no friends. And then Nash's family moved in down the road and everything started getting better, and then you. You completed everything." He says quietly.
"I'm so proud of you.." I say. I was. I know how hard it is to have to be so strong during awful times. That's why we are able to understand eachother so well. We both have been through hell.
"I really love you" he says with a cheesy smile
"I really love you too" I say.
____
We decided to go see my parents before it got too late. And they didn't know we we're coming which was the exciting part about it.
I knock on the door and my mom answers it.
"Lilly!" She shrieks and hugs me.
My dad comes out and hugs me too.
"I can't breath" I somehow say as my parents smother me.
"Cameron it's good to see you" my mom says hugging cameron.
We go inside and my mom starts to make my favorite tea.
"I can't believe my little baby is engaged!" My mom says. Yep. She was gunna be all crazy proud mother with cameron here.
"We're really excited" cam smiles.
"I wish I could stay but I have to go do some things" my dad says hugging me once more and leaving.
"So how has it been with sam and the guys?" My mom asks.
"Great, nash and johnson are like, best friends now but he doesn't really hang out with gilinsky anymore, I understand though since he has a kid and all" I say.
"yeah I figured that would happen, but good thing that nash moved in, he won't be so lonely" she says.
"You haven't got your tree yet? You always have it at this time!" I say
"Well we just figured, no kids in the house it's not really necessary, and we're getting old lilly we don't really have enough strength to bust in a big tree and spend hours decorating" she says. "Oh I'll be right back I need to go call one of my work friends and cancel my dinner plans"
"No no you can keep them, please! We have to go anyways" I say
"Okay well I'll see you soon then" she smiles hugging me and cameron and we leave.
"It's so weird that she doesn't have the house decorated." I say
"Well when kids leave the house the parents stop doing all those kinds of things. I moved out way early than most kids, and my parents were definantly quick to stop doing stuff like that." He says.
"When did you move out?" I ask
"When I was 16" he says
"Wait seriously? How? Isn't that illegal" I ask
"Well at the time my parents didn't want me more than I didn't want to be there, so yeah they just let me." He says
"Sometimes I hear about your childhood and I just want to squeeze the life out of you but then you'd be dead" I say and he starts laughing
"I'm pretty sure that's the cutest thing you've ever said" he laughs.
We got to our AH-MA-ZING hotel. His mom offered to have us but we didn't want to invade, and cameron doesn't have the best memories there.
We went in and I actually gasped. Our room had a giant royal purple bed and a full kitchen and the raddest bathroom with the biggest tub I've ever seen.
"There's a spa lilllllyyyy" cam says handing me the little pamphlet.
"Forget the spa there's a 24 hour food bar?!" I say
"This is the life!" Cameron exclaims plopping himself down into the bed.
"Definantly gotta take a little trip to lush to enjoy this huge bath" I say excidedly. I lay down next to cameron and he smiles at me.
"What?" I ask
"I don't know I just think it's crazy that your my fiancé" he says
Then he started to look upset. What was wrong? Did I do something? Is he having second thoughts?
"Cam? What's wrong?" I ask
"Nothing" he says with a quite fake smile.
"Seriously, what's wrong?"
"I just think about my parents, they thought they loved eachother and now their divorced, what if that happens to us?" He asks
"There's one big difference between us and your parents. Your parents thought they loved eachother so they got married, we're getting married because we know we love eachother" I say. (Do you cry omg)
He just kissed me. Not like Any kiss we've ever had before. It just felt as if he was saying I love you a million times.
_______