Chapter 6

*lillys pov*
I woke up and grabbed my phone of of the bed side stand.
*3 texts from johnson🙈🙊*
Ignore.
I went on snapchat and look at his story but after the first picture I stop watching. I went through a few others and went on facebook.
Same thing.
Johnson with that girl.
He tagged her in the pictures so I decided to go to her profile. Her name was Melissa, she was a year and a half older than me, and she was insanely pretty.
My self esteem got lower by the seconds of just looking through her pictures.
It was 12pm so I got up and out of the bed and went downstairs.
"Morning" the guys say to me not looking up from their phones. "Hey" I say sitting on the chair by the couch, yawning.
"I knew you stole my shirt!!" Sam yells to Nate referring to the shirt I got from his room last night.
"Guys I just woke up yelling is not an option" I say
"Oh did you see jacks new girlfriend, Lilly?" Sam asks me, being oblivious to what is going on.
"Yeah, Sam." I say.
"She's pretty hot" he says and I make a mental note to go throw up.
"Not really." Nate says and I smile at his answer.
"Dude have you seen her profile??" Sam asks.
"Yeah but honestly I don't find her that attractive, besides I'm more into brunettes" Nate says and winks at me and I laugh.
"Whatever man" Sam says.
"I'm going to go with the jacks later you guys coming?" Sam asks.
"Nah I'll stay here" nate says. "Me too" I say and Sam nods.
"Well I'm going home, bye guys" Sam says and leaves. I didn't have to because I had my own little supply of clothes, and other things here from all the other times I've stayed.
"So what's the plans today nate?" I ask.
"I don't know" he smiles.
"Why do we never have plans?" I laugh.
"Spending the day with you is already as great as it is" he says and I smile.
"You're cheesy" I say.
"I try" he says.
~~~~~
Nate and I are currently playing with nerf guns around the house and I'm hiding behind the kitchen counter. I hear a noise with a curse from his mouth behind it I stand up and quickly shoot him and start running down the hallway.
I don't look back but I feel arms grab me and pull me back. "Cheater!!" I yell and try to get out of his grip but honestly we all knew how that would end considering how strong he was.
He pulls me in the living room and shoots me 3 times in a row.
"Cheater" I pout.
"Aw poor Lilly" he laughs.
"Make me feel better!" I say doing a kissy face. He leans in to kiss me and I shoot him right in the face and run.
"You're getting it!!" He yells running after me. I run out the door and through the front yard. He followed closely, I turned around and shot him. We heard a honk and looked to the road.
"You guys are children!" Sam yells out the passengers door and we laugh, I make eye contact with johnson and instantly got uncomfortable.
"Bye!!!" Gilinsky yells and drives off.
"Johnson was glaring at me" nate laughs and we go inside.
"That was an intense war" I laugh.
"Yes, it was" he agrees.
"Wanna watch Shane Dawson?" I ask
"Sure" he says and I grab the laptop off the stand and set it on my lap, sitting next to him and typing.
I put on Shane's playing with kids toys series and watched it and I couldn't stop laughing, I loved Shane.
I could feel Nate staring at me and I could see that his eyes were on me through the video screen. I face up to him and kiss him, honestly I didn't really think about what I was doing until it was over. He smiles at me and I smile right back.
Yep.
I was falling for nate.
He would be the last person I'd think I like. But I guess not.
But Sam would never let it happen...
But it's not his choice.
It's mine.
*sammys pov*
Me and the jacks were driving down town and saw nate and Lilly sitting outside a cafe while we were at a stop light. They were laughing and right as I was about to yell at them they kissed.
W h a t.
"Was I the only one who just saw that?" I ask.
"No...I did too" gilinsky says in shock.
"Why the hell is she kissing nate?!" I say angry.
"Calm down bro" gilinsky says as we start to drive away.
"I don't want my freaking sister with nate! He's probably the worst person for her! id rather her be with any other guy in Omaha!" I say. "Except you...no offense" I laugh.
"C'mon nates not that bad" gilinsky says.
"I don't even know.." I say. Johnson was being oddly quiet.
I decided to text nate.
S- so what are you and Lilly doing?
*nates pov*
I looked down at my phone and had a text from Sam.
Sam: so what are you and Lilly doing?
N: just eating at a cafe
Sam: well make sure no guys are getting with her.
N: um, okay? Don't I always make sure of that?
Sam: not much lately.
N: you okay?
Sam: I'm fine just making sure my sister doesn't have guys all over her.
N: well she doesn't so yeah.
Sam: yeah.
I was really irritated with Nate now.
*lillys pov*
Nate was acting a bit weird but I decided to ignore it.
"Oh god.." I say as I see the cheerleading squad from last years school walking up to us.
"Hey babe" one of them says putting her arm around Nate and he pushes it off.
"What are you doing here Lilly?" The same one asks.
"Isn't it obvious?" I say at how stupid she was.
"What are you doing with such a downer like her, nate?" The other girl says.
"Seriously?" Nate says to the girl.
"I heard she has aids, I'd run" the girl says.
"Not only that but she's ugly too" one says and a tear escapes my eye.
"Aw she's crying I'd help but I don't want STD's" the girl says and I get up and walk away.
"C'mon let's go home" Nate says to me and we walk over to his car and get in.
(I'm not meaning to stereotype cheerleaders as snobby I just needed a quick easy group to be rude so sorry if I offended anyone)
We start to drive and I cry more, as Nate puts his hand on mine while he keeps his eyes on the road.
"Don't listen to anything they say lilly" Nate says.
"I can't help it, I just get upset so easily, no wonder johnson got someone different.." I say and nate sighs.
"I don't want to hear about Johnson, Jayden, or those cheerleaders ever" he says.
"I can't help but to constantly think about them and why they treat me the way the do it's just hard for me" I explain.
"I know..but you have 3 people who love you to death, and honestly johnson still loves you to death, it's just he's not thinking. But you have me, Sam, and gilinsky" he says
"To be honest I think gilinsky kinda hates me" I laugh.
"You guys just fight like brother and sister" he says.
"Yeah I guess" I say.
We get back to my house and saw jack g's car outside.
Time to come face to face with johnson.
And maybe that Girl.
Luckily we walk in and she's not there.
But he is.
"Hey guys" I smile.
"Hey" gilinsky says and we sit on the other couch.
Everything was awkward. It was not how it usually was. but I decided to be a good friend.
"So how are you and Melissa?" I ask.
"Great actually" he smiled. "How about you and nate?" He says with his signature smirk.
"What are you talking about?" I laugh.
"Oh you know you getting with nate behind our backs" he says.
"What's gotten into you jack? You're acting like were 14 again with jayden! Except it's nate, my FRIEND!" I say raising my voice.
"Yeah says that little scene earlier of you guys kissing at the cafe" he says and my eyes grow wide.
"Even if we were together you don't have to be so immature about it, jack." Nate says.
"Besides why would you care" I say and he looks down then back up to me.
"I don't care who you're with! Go get with Jayden for all I care!" He yells at me and a tear slips my eye.
"Fine" I say, and walk outside.
I could tell nate followed behind me but I kept walking.

*jack Johnson's pov*
I couldn't believe what I just said to Lilly.
"The hell was that?" Sam yells at me standing up.
"God what's wrong with me" I say to myself more than everyone else
"Dude what's up, why are you all of the sudden so mad with Lilly?" Gilinsky asks me.
"She's been spending so much time with Nate and so as bad as it sounds I got with Melissa to make her jealous..but it just got her even closer to nate..." I say feeling stupid.
"Dude you know how Lilly likes upfront people, you should have just told her!" Sam says.
"I know.." I say.
"I have to talk to her now don't i?" I say.
"Um yeah kinda" jack laughs.
"Okay.." I answer and go outside and see nate holding Lilly like I do when she's upset.
Here we go...