45. Baby Mine

45. Baby Mine (From "Dumbo")

Baby mine, don't you cry. Baby mine, dry your eyes.

.

After a whole day of fun with his family, Harry finally returned home. When the car pulled up, the girls gripped onto his hands and pulled him down the front path back to the house, wanting to play with him and of course their new friend Louis.

They nearly blurted it out in front of their mother, who was yet to find out about the strange boy living in Harry's bedroom, but Harry managed to cover it up well, making up some story about a game they were playing.

All day, Harry was excited to get back to Louis too, since he missed him so much, but thinking about telling his mother was frightening. He wasn't quite sure if she was going to approve of him or not, and if she didn't let him stay in the house, then Louis wasn't going to have anywhere to live.

But Harry tried not to think about it in that moment, all he wanted was to be happy and carefree, hang out with Louis some more and maybe play with his sisters too.

So as they dragged him into the house, Harry laughed, his loud, hearty laugh that signaled he was truly happy.

Anne shook her head as she watched her children go, a lone tear streaming down her face. She was still in disbelief that Harry was back, she expected never to see him again after he'd run away.

The girls then let go of Harry's hands as he tried to tickle them, chasing them up the front steps as they squealed in delight.

"C'mon, girls." Anne tried to usher them through the door, closing it quickly behind them as they ran upstairs.

It was 3 in the afternoon when they had returned, so Harry assumed that Louis would just be reading the book, or doing something else maybe slightly more riveting while he waited for him to return.

The girls went straight into their bedroom, getting out their Barbies as they resumed the game from that morning.

When Harry opened his bedroom door, he most certainly didn't expect to see Louis sitting on the window seat, curled in on himself as he stared outside.

"Hey!" Harry chirped, closing the door quickly and taking of his coat, which he flung carelessly on the back of the chair.

Louis didn't really move, he just let out a long breath.

"Lou?" Harry said more softly, slowly walking over to him. "Boo, are you okay?"

Harry sat down on the window seat next to him and rested a hand on his knee as he tried to see his face.

Eventually, Louis turned his head to look at Harry, revealing his pink, tear-stained cheeks as he tried to offer a small smile.

"Hey." Harry cooed. "What's happened?"

Louis shook his head and cupped Harry's cheek, smiling a little as he tried to reassure him. "Nothing for you to worry your pretty little mind about, love." He whispered, sniffling a little bit.

"Hey, lovely." Harry ran his thumb over Louis' cheekbone. "Don't cry, you're far too beautiful to cry."

Louis laughed a little, but a tear ran down his face anyway as he sniffed and rubbed his nose.

"You know you can tell me if you want to talk about it." Harry said softly, wrapping his arms around Louis' shoulders so that the older boy cuddled into his chest as they sat on the small seat.

"I just-" Louis began. "You have a beautiful family, Harry. And seeing you just now-" Harry's face dropped as he realized that Louis must have seen them from the window as they came inside. "It made me remember that I don't have that."