49. Mother Knows Best

49. Mother Knows Best (From "Tangled")

Mother knows best, listen to your mother. It's a scary world out there. 

.

Harry and Louis got home a little while later, giggling and smiling the whole way. They had been talking about all sorts of things, from memories of Neverland to what they could do to show Louis around London.

"So we'll take one of those huge red cars?" Louis asked as they turned onto Harry's front path, heading towards the door.

"It's called a bus, love." Harry chuckled, giving his hand a little squeeze. "And yeah, we'll take a bus into the city tomorrow, and I'll show you London."

"Okay." Louis nodded as they went up the small step to the front door.

"Alright." Harry turned to him, taking both of his hands in his own as they faced each other, smiling. "So we're going to ask my mum if you can stay."

"Yeah." Louis sighed, his smile slipping. "What if... What if she says no?"

"Lou?" Harry said, stepping forward to give him a hug. "Even if she does say no, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. It's going to be alright."

"Okay." Louis breathed, his face pressed into Harry's shoulder as they stood in silence for a minute.

"Ready?" Harry asked.

"Ready." Louis nodded as the two stepped apart, and Harry opened the door.

Louis' heart started racing as they entered the house together, hands still clasped together as Harry gave him a small smile of encouragement.

"Hello!" Harry called out as they stepped into the small entryway, closing the door behind him. "I'm home!"

It was then that Harry let go of Louis' hand, as they took their coats off, and Harry hung them over the end of the stair's railing.

"Hi, honey!" Harry's mum called out, and Louis took a deep breath as the two of them walked towards the living room.

Harry stopped just before the doorway, pressed a kiss to Louis' cheek, before he went into the room, leaving Louis standing in the hallway.

"Hi mum." Harry said again as he walked over to the couch where she was sitting, and sat beside her.

"How was it?" She asked as Harry leant his head on her shoulder.

"Good." Harry answered. "I saw some of my friends again, from... um..."

"From this past year?" Anne asked, and Harry gulped, but nodded as he turned sideways and looked at her.

"I have something I need to ask you." Harry said, and Anne seemed a little apprehensive.

"Harry-"

"Please," Harry interrupted her. "Just hear me out."

"Okay." She sighed, resting a hand on her son's knee as she gave him an approving nod, letting him explain.

"I met someone." Harry began. "While I was away, who I got along with really well. He's a really good friend of mine. And he has no where to stay."

"Harry-"

"Mum, please." Harry interrupted her again. "He's an orphan, he has no one except me and our friends. And he has no home. He's been living in the streets for such a long time... Mum, I just... Can he stay here with us, please? I promise he's an amazing guy, he's not rude or dirty or anything. He just needs a home."