Chapter 22 (part 1 )

***

¤ Reece Carter ¤

"How are you feeling now?"

"Do you want to eat?"

"Talk to me,man"

"Reece..."

The last voice made my stomach twist in knots.I hadn't said even a single word to her from the last one hour.Was their anything left to talk about?

I looked away from her,her warm hand was still covering mine with a tight grip.I didn't return her warmth.

I felt so afraid....

I wanted to stay numb.I didn't want to feel warm.I just didn't...

"Reece..",she tugged at my limp hand,"let's get you something to eat"

Before i could even control ,my mouth worked of its own.

"I will do what i want,Chloe",i said in a low voice,feeling everything inside me shaking.

"What is it that you want,Reece?",she asked in the same low voice.

Shit!

Shit shit!

Why can't she stop saying my name over and over again?! I hated it!

I hate it so much!

Why was she doing this to me! Why won't she see i coudn't even breath properly when she said my name like that.....like nothing else mattered except my name?.

She can just....just leave me alone!

"You want to know what i want?",i asked glancing at her beautiful brown eyes which were focused on mine,half lidded and sleepy.

So beautiful...

She blinked and nodded silently.

"For you to leave me alone!",i spat feeling my eyes blazing over.My breathing even heavier.I felt my hands shaking even worse.

"No",she said,refusing to back down.

"No?",i asked in disbelief.

I wanted to hurt her! To make her feel the way i was feeling! Jesus.

She....she is......shit!

Chloe,get away from me..

I pleaded silently with my eyes because i could feel everything shutting down inside of me.

"I'm not going anywhere",she said in a determine voice,making me gritt my teeth.

"Get your hand off of mine!",i demanded trying to rip my hand from her but my hands were shaking so badly that i couldn't even overpower her.

I was still trying to get my hand away from her warm one..

Fuck!

"No...",she cried,tears were streaming down from her face falling on my hand...creating holes in it.

"Yes!",i snapped as she tightened her grip.

She shook her head once and i clenched my teeth feeling everything spiralling out of control.

Everything.

"What do you want from me?",i growled in a loud voice,my voice echoing along the deserted corridor.

"What do you want?",i whispered,repeating myself.

"A hug..",she whispered back in a pained voice.

Why was i feeling so fucking helpless all of sudden? Why did i feel like she had tied my hands behind my back and i couldn't even do anything?

"I won't hug you",i said,looking away hrom her,her hand still clutching mine in a grip so tight that her nails were digging in my sking drawing half moons on it.

"Why?",so vulnerable...

Chloe,don't....don't do that..

I hated her for making me feel guilty!

For making me feel things!

"Because......because i'll cry",i laughed cynically,"fuck,what is happening to me?...you make me feel weak and you know what? ,it sucks!",i whispered and looked away from her thunderstruck face.

You did it,Reece.

You fucked up everything.

Her silent sobbing was breaking me in so many ways...so many that i won't even know which to heal first..

Why was i hurting her? Was i hurting her because i was hurting?

She hid her face with her free hand and sobbed ....her eyes were hidden from me.I desperately wanted to see them .

I put my fist in my mouth and bit down so hard that i felt my teeth tearing the skin.I tasted the coppery taste of my blood...

That's for making her cry,Reece..

It was nothing.I deserved worse.

"Please...,",i pleaded,hiding my hand from her view,"i'm begging you just go before i fuck up even more"

My voice was pleading yet harsh..I felt my hands shaking so much..

So fucking much!

"No!",she snapped,showing me those brown eyes again.She wiped her tears from her face.

I sighed in frustration and grabbed fistful of my hair with my free hand.

She gasped and my hand stopped.

"Reece....oh my god! Reece ,you're bleeding",she cried out and tried to reach my hand but i snatch it back on the last second.

"Chloe,stop it!",i insisted,feeling angry.

"Are you mad! You...you're bleeding,Reece!.Please ,let me-"

"Shut up! JUST SHUT UP!",i roared ,she flinched ," Go! I don't want to see you! Leave,damnit!"

She looked at me with wide eyes...wide scared eyes..

Don't look at her!

Don't!

My hand felt limply into my lap and my inside dreaded up with fear of her....leaving me.

I couldn't....i couldn't feel her warm hand around mine..

I stared at my palm which was still warm due to her touch.

I kept staring at it.

I couldn't hurt her any more,i thought trying to convince myself not to run after her.I clenched my fists around the handle of my chair.I heard her dull sobbing from a distance feeling pain shot up in my chest.

I swallowed,closing my eyes and leaning back in my chair,sweat dripped down the side of my face.

I waited for her teary face to leave my mind but it wouldn't.