Chapter 29 ( part 1 )

¤ Reece Carter ¤

She had no idea.

She had no idea how much freakin' cute she was looking right now.

Chloe was pacing infront of the kitchen counter with a book glued to her hands.Her hair were up in a bun with a pencil sticking out from it.

She was chewing her bottom lip with a frown on her face.

She wasn't even glancing at me!

That damn book!

I shook my head and concentrated on the task at hand.I was making sandwich for myself.

Well,I was trying to make a sandwich.

From the last twenty minutes i was only staring at her with the ketchup bottle in my hand.

She tucked a stubborn strand of hair behind her ear and her hand remained on her ear as if she had forgotten about it ,laying on her ear.

Fuck!

This was pure torture.

"Chloe?",i called,not bearing the silence.

"Hmm" was her only response.She continued to pace infront of the counter with those big brown eyes fixed on her good for nothing fucked up book.

Right now,she was in her own little world and i knew she wouldn't snap out of it even if aliens invaded mother earth,i thought sarcastically.

I placed the ketchup on the counter and leaned on it with my eyes following that girl with mystic eyes.

"Chloe?",i tried again and this time she only nodded.

Great!

"Nerd?"

"Princess?"

Nothing but a nod!

I pinched the bridge of my nose and ran my fingers in my hair.

"Hey,did you see that hot girl in the school?",i said with a sly grin on my face.

That should do it.

"No."

I swore under my breath.

The fuck?!

My ego was bruising with the knowledge that she was finding that book more interesting than me.

I was competing against a book,i mocked.

Think, Reece!

What would make her to throw that book and-

A sudden bulb exploded in my mind.

Ofcourse.

Why didn't i think of that?

I smirked.

My hand curled around the ketchup bottle,my eyes were carefully following her around,incase she noticed my "fishy" movements.

I squirted the ketchup on my finger and then squirted drops of it on the white counter.Then i dabbed the drops of ketchup on my finger and examined my masterpiece.

It looked like i had slashed my finger and blood was pouring from it on the counter,hence the drops of ketchup on it.

I took the knife in my hand so it would complete my act and hid the bottle of ketchup.

She was still pacing back and forth with her nose buried inside the book,my arch enemy.I felt like it was taunting me with its brown cover.

On the count of three,Reece.

1

2

3

"SHIT!"

She spun around and i did a fake moan of pain.Her eyes got wide when she glanced at my finger and then the counter which had my "blood" on it.

My face was scrunched up in pain.

She threw the book on the floor with aloud thud and i resissted the urge to grin.

Yes!

Before i knew it she was standing beside me with a concern look on her face.

Quickly,i groaned again.

"Oh my god!",she gasped and took hold of my wrist which had my....bruised finger.

"You idiot!",she snapped,pulling my wrist near to her eyes.

"It's nothing,Chloe",i said in a weak voice,staring at her face.

"Stop being macho!"

I grinned inwardly.

"Come one",she tugged at my wrist ,trying to drag me from my place.

I didn't budge.

"Where?"

She glanced over her shoulder with an irritated sigh,her hand still around my wrist,"To my room."

I raised a brow,"Are you trying to get in my pants?"

She froze in shock,"WHAT?"

I shook my head like a parent would do to a naughty child,

"I told you .Chloe ,i am not the kind of guy to go to your room to "check out your stamp collection".

She whirled around with a stunned face,"What the heck,Reece!"

"What the heck,Reece",i mimicked in a high pitched voice.

Her eyes turned into slits as she studied my face and then as if something dawned on her,"You're up to something",she declared in a sure voice.

I shrugged,"I'm always up to something,princess"

Then before i could stop her,her finger dipped in the drop of ketchup on the counter and she brought it to her mouth,tasting it.

Busted.

Instantly her hand was off of my wrist in a second .She jabbed a finger at my face,"You....you...",she struggled.

"Sexy beast?"

Fire sparkled inside those brown eyes,making me smirk.

She huffed angrily and turned around to walk away from me.

She wasn't fast enough.

My hand latched around her tiny wrist and i spun her around,yanking me towards my chest.

Her palms landed on my chest and my arms went around her waist.

"What",she hissed,"are you doing?!"

"Why",i said,tightning my grip,"are you hissing?"

She scowled when her eyes landed on my face.

"Ketchup,Reece?"

I nodded with a grin as she tried to squirm from my grip with that deep scowl planted to her face.

A sudden smile spread on my face.She looked really cute when she tried to be intimidating.

"Reece...",she protested,still struggling.

"What..",my voice was low,almost a whisper.

Deep blush adorned her face.Now,it made my smile more pronounced knowing that i could make her like that.

No one else.

No one else.