Moment# 11

°Charlie°

"All those days watching from the windows,

All those years outside looking in,

All that time never ever knowing,

Just how blind i've been"

Funny,how a song can describe a part of your life.

I sighed and closed the door softly behind me.Her room was as usual neat ,tidy,clean.

Freakishly clean like her.

My gaze caught her.There she was,curled up on the couch like a cat.Tears were streaming down her eyes.She kept wiping them angrily as if she was angry on them for showing up.Her arms were hugging a pillow close to her chest,eyes glued to the TV screen.She didn't even notice me entering.

"And it's like a fog has lifted,

And at last i see the light,

And it's like the sky is new"

Her sobs blasted in my ears,breaking my heart with each sound...She hugged the pillow even more like she was trying to hide herself from someone.That little move made me want to rip his head off for making her cry!

I walked towards her dressing table and placed my keys and cell on it.Then i made my way towards her,her eyes still stuck on TV,watching Tangled.

Instead of startling her,i silently came to the front in her line of vision and sat down on the couch beside her.She only glanced at me with those red eyes and then back to the TV.

Well,this sucks.

She didn't want to talk but still ,she was my best friend,my first love and best friends are suppose to be there even when you don't want them to be.

I wasn't watching the movie,i was only staring at it.

"Rapunzel is so lucky. .",Chloe murmured in the pillow.

I snorted over that,"I don't think so."

She looked straight in my eyes,her cheeks were red with all the tears which had been running down like a river from her eyes. .

I forgot to reply.

Forgot her question

Forgot that she wasn't mine.

Her eyes..

Her tears..

They really were pissing me off!

"Charles. .?"

I snapped my gaze away from her and cleared my throat awkwardly,shifting my eyes to the screen.

"Because Eugene is ugly."

Her chuckle which sounded more like a choked up sob reached my ears.I didn't look at her.

I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

I may sound like a wuss but if i looked at her eyes one more time. .i will cry.I really will.

What?

Boys are humans too,you know!

I didn't care if she didn't like me the way i like her.I would always love her.Her tears were making me hard to breath.It was like they were my tears not hers,like my heart was in pain not hers.

I could see from my side vision that she was glancing at the TV and then me.

TV

Me

TV

Me

It seemed like she was at a war.I guess she made her mind up because the next thing i knew,her head was on my shoulder,her hands were latched around my bicep in a tight grip.We both were watching the movie in silence now.I placed my head on hers and covered her hands with my own.

"How do i look?",Rapunzel asked from Eugene in an excited voice while the poor bloke struggled for words.

I rolled my eyes,"What's with girls and trying to fish for compliments all time?"

Her head left my shoulder,a faint smile lit up up her face,"Because we like to be worshipped."

"Right.I would've killed Rapunzel and then cut her hair aaaand sell it on the black market since her hair are magical and all that shit.",I commented in a serious voice earning a giggle and a smack on my shoulder.

Not bad,Charlie.

The main characters were sitting on a little boat in the middle of a lake and millions of lit up lanters seemed to float around them.

"It's so pretty.",Chloe said in a starstruck voice,her eyes going bigger and bigger.

"Please.What's so pretty about a dumb ass lake and stupid lanterns in middle of nowhere?.I can take you to much better places than this crap.",i said in a firm voice and looked at her starstruck face.

"Would you ,Charles?",Chole asked with a teasing smile on her face.

Her face..

That's what pretty is.

Her face.

Not a stupid ol' lake.

"Would you?",she asked again ,her eyes smiling at me and that's when i realized what the hell did i just say.

Ofcourse.Anything for you.

"May be yes.May be no.",i mumbled sinking low in the couch.

Her laugh twinkled around me,lifting my heart up .Did she has any idea how breath taking she looked when she laughed like that or even smile with such innocense in her eyes.

Was such innocence even legal?

"Did you just blush?",She asked still laughing hard,her hands were flapping around.

I whipped my neck at her with an inhuman speed,"Dude,i didn't blush.I don't do blushes.",i said ,smiling at her face.

"Duuuude,you did just blush.",She said in a guy like voice,jabbing a finger in my shoulder.

Her cute little finger..

"Naaah,i don't do shit like that.",i said in a cool voice.

She doubled over in laughter,wiping tears away from her eyes,"Naah uh,i just saw that shit spread on your cheeks,dude.",She said using her guy voice,deepning her voice.

I bumped her shoulder with mine,"What would you know about shit like that?"

"Aww,it's okay ,Charles.Don't be ashamed."

"I'm not!"

"Awww"

"Chloe!"

"Charles"

"Shut up!"

××××××××